The staff are super-friendly and very keen to help you check yourself into the hotel at the bank of terminals which "welcome" you. It was all, really, quite straightforward and very efficient. The room was more of a pod than a bedroom. There was a compact shower/loo, a tiny sink and a plastic ledge which served as a desk. Everything is operated by a tablet lodged on an ipod-type charger - and I mean everything - from lights to blinds to TV/radio to "mood" lighting. All was ultra stylish - no tea tray or mini bar - not even a waste paper basket.
The bed was comfortable - but it's not really a room to share with anyone else - more than one person and you'd be tripping over yourselves (although there was an option for a "romantic" light setting so it could just be me).
There's a lounge with a cocktail bar which serves as a breakfast bar in the mornings - a sort of help yourself affair with stools/high bars to sit at. For the less agile/shorter folk, there are tiny plastic tables with seats to perch on - not terribly comfortable and not at all conducive to a leisurely breakfast. (It made me feel like I was sitting at a table in kindergarten - it was just missing the Lego bricks!)
At the end of the stay, I had to check myself out. Again, all very efficient but it was very clinical. It would drive me nuts to have to spend more than one night there. Claustrophobia would set in and it was, overall, quite a lonely experience. The staff are friendly and engaging, but the whole experience really didn't suit me. None of it felt "real" - everyone seemed superficially "happy".
For me, it was very much a case of style over substance and there was something very bleak about my time there. Sad because I wanted to like it - but it's not really the sort of place to which I'd choose to return. Perhaps I'm just too old for this?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Glasgow's city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow offers affordable luxury in the form of 198 modern non-smoking rooms. Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, free movies, high pressure rain showers and luxurious linens on an XL king-size bed; contemporary Vitra lobbies for work and play with free iMac access, and a 24/7 on-site eatery and bar to quench every hunger and thirst. CitizenM Glasgow also boasts SocietyM, which provides one-of-a-kind creative meeting spaces for 2 to 18 people, a larger screening room, audiovisual equipment, and reliable Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, getaroom.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland