Stayed at the CitizenM Glasgow last week (for 7 consecutive nights),
Travelled by myself for work.
The arrival check in process was a bit hit and miss. Arrived late in the evening and arrived at the hotel 11:30pm and it was raining. The hotel was located on Renfrew Street (*** Take note is not Renfield Street which runs perpendicular to it just nearby) The location was very good which is just 3 minutes walk from the Buchanan Bus station which is accessible by Airport Bus 500 (GBP 6 single, GBP 8.5 open return). However in the middle of the night it was not so easy to find. The hotel is located about 5-7 minutes walk from Buchanan Street which is the city center and shopping district.
Check in was okay. Supposed to have automated self-serve check in process but they did not have my last name entered correctly (booked on a hotel booking website) so needed manual help from the staff.
Rooms were quite small, and smaller than expected from the website photos. The decor was good all right, though. Expect and long-ish narrow room a width of a large queen mattress. There was still enough room near the door to place a large suitcase and open it. Though during the daytime it needed to stay closed. Amenities included a small single seat stylish chair, and a very narrow bench as a desk. The sink was the side of the room just few steps into the doorway. Opposite was a glass partitioned area for toilet and shower. Got nice toilet (duravit) and rainshower / regular showerhead (hansgrohe). The room floors and toilet and shower area were very clean.
The room's functions were controlled by a samsung tablet, which at times were hit an miss. The tablet controlled the lighting (including mood lighting of different colors for the shower and toilet area, the TV (on a wall on one side of the bed), the louvre blinds for the window (mechanized) as well as the opaque blind for blocking out light (also mechanized). It also controlled the wake up alarms. Why I said hit and miss was that the tablet often refused to turn on the TV, having me to resort to randomly pressing TV channels, the mute button or even resetting the tablet to have it respond. Turning off lights at night was also rather not straight forward, probably oweing to bugs in the software.
The room was quite well furnished and clean. However be expected to hear some walking around and footsteps of the inhabitants above. On weekends / friday there was quite a bit of activity going on till late at night as the hotel probably catered for the younger traveller.
Breakfast and meals were provided by the single cocktail bar / buffet area. This was open 24 hours, and anyone could just pop in. Breakfast (at time of writing ) was GBP 8.95, and one need not reserve breakfast every day. Just when needed could inform the staff to place the order the day before. Ordering the buffet breakfast on the same morning was more expensive by ? around GBP 2.
Food selection was reasonable. Quality of coffee was actually to be commended. It was a proper coffee machine and their choice of beans was good. Cold selection include variety of croissants and danishes, fresh fruit eg banana, cereals, yoghurt and berry compote. Hot foods included sausages, beans, pancakes, omelette, toast etc.
Nearby there is a large Marks and Spencer for your usual shopping and it includes a large supermarket. Nearby there are several pubs and restaurants as well. Shopping district is around 5-7 mins walking distance.
Check out was quite smooth. Not much fault there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Glasgow's city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow offers affordable luxury in the form of 198 modern non-smoking rooms. Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, free movies, high pressure rain showers and luxurious linens on an XL king-size bed; contemporary Vitra lobbies for work and play with free iMac access, and a 24/7 on-site eatery and bar to quench every hunger and thirst. CitizenM Glasgow also boasts SocietyM, which provides one-of-a-kind creative meeting spaces for 2 to 18 people, a larger screening room, audiovisual equipment, and reliable Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland