“Awesome concept hotel”
Review of citizenM Glasgow

citizenM Glasgow
Ranked #15 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed one night as part of a cross Britain trip.

I booked the hotel based on proximity to the centre and the compelling price.

The concept of a small but efficient room design and the enormous bed are working like a charm.

The hotel itself is young and alive with a very welcoming staff.

Parking is near by with a reasonable cost.

We liked it so much that few months later we booked the citizenM in New York when we visited the states.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amit E
Write a ReviewReviews (5,471)

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I can understand why some may not like this property. It's minimalist and it's modern rather than traditional so if that's that's not your thing then best stay away. I've stayed here several times and have enjoyed all of them. I want a room that is clean and functional, that works, that has a comfortable bed and effective air conditioning, and a decent shower. Citizen M has all of these plus you get decent in-room entertainment and internet at no additional charge.

I like being able to check myself in and out, it's usually so much quicker than queuing for the traditional reception desk, but every time I've stayed here I've always been asked if I need assistance by the friendly staff who hover at the check-in terminals 'just in case' but it's not rocket science all you have to do is follow the screen prompts.

So I'll be staying here again when I'm next in Glasgow (in December) and I'll be staying at their property in Schipol when I'm there as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Englishlee0710
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed in this hotel a few times now and on every occasion I've been really delighted with the experience.

In short - Convenient check in
Comfortable king size bed
Free movies
Amazing shower
Ambient lighting
Delicious breakfast
Fairly priced

Only slight grumble if any would be - lack of tea making facilities

Highly recommend staying here

1  Thank Brinski
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Checking in took one minute with a self service. Got up to the room and was so amazed at how modern it was, room comes with a tablet which controls everything in the room basically. Bed was huge and so so comfy, so many recent movies to choose from aswell. Cant wit to come back.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were in Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games and stayed 8 nights. After the initial shock at seeing the size of the bedroom for 2 people we quickly settled in. The staff particularly Chris, Alison and John did everything they could to make our stay very comfortable. They were very friendly and helpful. ~The position of the hotel is in a terrific and we were able to shop and sight see without any dificulty. The day we left all the roads leading to the station were closed for the men's bike race and the rweather was horrific. Chris arranged with John to help us wheel our cases to the station. What would we have done without them!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marilyn M
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here for one night with my husband and we both loved it. The check in took less than a minute (don't understand how anyone could find it confusing). We were able to choose what room we wanted (city view or courtyard) and our keycard worked straight away. The room was brilliant and I have never slept in such a fantastic and comfortable bed. The samsung tablet was so easy to use and we loved being able to lie in bed and watch the free movies. The shower was great and the overall feel of the room was very funky. Had friends meet us for drinks in the bar and they loved it all. Had some brilliant cocktails then slept like a baby. VERY IMPRESSED.

1  Thank kenmlove
Reviewed 13 August 2014

a great concept for a cheap but totally useable hotel. Very small grooms but fantastically organised to give everything needed for a 1-2 day stay. love the concept and mor hotels need to try to differentiate themselves like this

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends