citizenM Glasgow
US$101
US$203
US$170
  • Pool
Novotel Glasgow Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$76
US$101
US$85
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$94
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
5,615 results
All reviewscitizen mmood lightingfree moviesremote controlmood padfunky hotelhigh techwall to wallrooms are smalltouch screenself servicerain showerhuge bedfrosted glasscity viewhanging spaceamazing hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I have just stayed at the CitizenM Hotel and though it still has not had an official opening and there were a few minor teething problems this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at.

I wasn't just because it is amazing value for money (free internet and movies part of the £49 per night charge) the location is also great too.

I would also like to give special mention to the staff as well. It always takes me time to adjust when I come back to Scotland to remember that people are more friendly and helpful in Glasgow than in London but the staff in citizenM were exceptionally so. They were very relaxed and welcoming and enhanced our stay congratulations to whoever recruited them.

I enjoyed the stay so much I have booked to stay there at Christmas and cancelled the Radisson which is also a good hotel but the location and value for money of CitizenM wins hands down.

1  Thank WaterlooLondon
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I stay in the Glasgow city centre now and then. I was looking through motel booking websites, about to sign up for a night in the usual dismal dive hotel I usually stay at (I chose it for its price and great location) which is 55 a night. I saw CitizenM was offering a night for 59. I had stayed at citizenM a couple of times at the Amsterdam airport and loved it. It has a huge comfy bed, and unlike most hotels claiming to have internet, this one actually did. I thought an extra 4 quid would be worth it.

Going to the Hotels own website, I saw they were offeing a nights stay for 49 if you prepay. 49 for a hotel right in the city center on a saturday night is hard to find. What you do find will not be nearly this nice.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2010

This hotel is really different to anywhere I've stayed before. All the public places are beautifully decorated with tasteful nods to various classic designs. Free internet access on macs with massive flat screens was a great added bonus. The rooms are basic in their design but incorporate lots of great technology- like mood lighting and remote control curtains. Although the rooms are comfortable and the bed was probably the comfiest I've ever slept on, they are small and I can't imaging spending more than a couple of nights there- there is a lack of storage. Room seemed quiet- didn't hear anything but not sure if adjoining rooms were being used. Only spoke to staff briefly but seemed very helpful and keen. Perfect location too- right next to everywhere you need to be. Doesn't have on site parking put there's a car park on Cambridge street that is really cheap- only cost me £3.50 for 24 hours! I'll definitely stay here again. Only drawback was that I couldn't get the aircon to work and the room was quite hot- I couldn't be bothered asking reception about it- it's all quite hi tec so I might have been doing something wrong!
I think more 'classic' travellers might not be so keen on this hotel but I thought it was great!

Reviewed 22 August 2010

We stayed in this hotel as tame guinea pigs, before it officially opened, but the staff we dealt with seemed excellent. The room we had was around seven feet wide with a perfectly square (and very comfy) bed filling the far end under the window. The en-suite is a self-contained pod, although the sink was in the bedroom and was tiny.

The room is controlled almost exclusively by a Philips electronic remote control called a moodpad. To be honest, it's a bit flaky but it does condense control of the heating, lighting, TV and blinds into one compact place. The room was very high-tech and beautifully furnished, impeccably clean and really good fun for an evening, with loads of movies and plenty of choice for adults...

There's no storage space other than under the bed and a tiny clothes rail, so if you're staying for more than one or two nights, you might struggle for room. Also, part of the CitizenM philosophy is automation, so there aren't many staff and there's no restaurant - just a self-service area on the first floor where you can at least get drinks, sandwiches and things that can be microwaved.

We had a great time here, and for short-stay travellers, it's a great place - much more fun than the usual four and five-star hotels in Glasgow.

Reviewed 22 August 2010

My wife and I were among the first paying customers at this newly-opened hotel. Overall, both the product and our experience of it were very good.

There were three or four minor niggles. Let me comment on these briefly: short delay at check-in because of technology glitch (staff apologetic and provided me with drink while I waited); room rubbish bin not emptied and sink mirror not cleaned properly on first night; hot water was not too evident on the morning of our departure day; there is a bit of a disconnect between the `budget` branding and the cost of the self-service drinks and snacks available.

However, the postives far outweigh the negatives (and I could put down three of the niggles noted to staff and systems needing a little time to `bed in`.)

The hotel is a fantastic design concept with spacious, artfully-presented public areas and a pleasant bar area. Others have undersandably commented on the relatively small size of the rooms and limited storage space. While this is true, the public spaces including bar, tv areas, computer area and provision of free wifi (throughout the hotel) compensate well.

The rooms themseves really are good. The Moodpad - the all-in-one tv remote sized control pad - handles everything from ambient room lighting to tv, aircon, blinds and shutter. (I have provided a few photos of the room.) Although I didn`t use the in-room telephone, I noted that the call-rates were based on Skype/VOIP rates. This is revolutionary!

Staff came across as being genuinely friendly and helpful. There was that all-important `can do` attitude in evidence. This is worth a lot, and the hotel management is to be credited on this in terms of recruitment/training as well as embedding the right philosophy in the staff. Representatives of management were friendly and `active` in their response to my mentioning minor room-related issues (eg checking out functioning of the aircon system)

So, visit CitizenM for a comfortable,stylish, arty and hi-tech central Glasgow hotel experience that represents excellent value for money.

Brian Thomson