CitizenM came up as a good deal on Laterooms. I cross checked it with Tripadvisor and its own website and it looked great. Brand new and in the very centre of Glasgow, 4 star and under £100 – how could we not try it?
Laterooms were showing one double room for £79 but the hotels website had a better deal. There is one rate for paying up front, another for paying on check-out and another for a flexible stay (where dates can be changed). Our date was fixed so we opted for the cheapest ‘pay-as-you-book’ option.
We know Glasgow well and stay there a bit. We’ve tried quite a few great places and some not so great and the look of this hotel intrigued us.
On arrival we were met by 2 very friendly staff who assisted us with the self-service check-in pods. A quick set of pages later we had our electronic pass keys and our 7th floor city-view room. We wandered around the foyer area for a bit taking in the cool contemporary design of the lounges, bar and cafeteria then headed up to our room.
And what a cool wee space it was. Beautifully and ergonomically designed to maximise space. The huge bed takes up the entire end of the room and we set about using the remote pad to open the blinds. As we did so, the light poured in and the city appeared laid out before us. The shower and loo are set in a frosted glass cubicle and the entire room is fitted with white and natural wood. It’s small but not pokey and very user friendly.
Yes, we used the funky light pad to change the ‘mood’ of the room and yes, we tried the massive ‘rain’ shower before heading out for the evening.....
On our return, the night view of Glasgow from our room was magnificent. The bed was incredibly comfy (cant emphasise enough just how comfy) and the double glazed window kept out the noises of the city. The room was very warm (even though we had turned the heating down) and the air conditioning never completely makes up for fresh air – but these are minor points in an otherwise well thought out hospitality plan.
On check-out, another helpful staff member assisted us with the terminal and gave us our pass keys as luggage tags. These tags can be used in future as door keys when we stay at other CitizenM hotels or revisit Glasgow.
a new way of offering comfort and luxury at very affordable prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Glasgow's city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow offers affordable luxury in the form of 198 modern non-smoking rooms. Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, free movies, high pressure rain showers and luxurious linens on an XL king-size bed; contemporary Vitra lobbies for work and play with free iMac access, and a 24/7 on-site eatery and bar to quench every hunger and thirst. CitizenM Glasgow also boasts SocietyM, which provides one-of-a-kind creative meeting spaces for 2 to 18 people, a larger screening room, audiovisual equipment, and reliable Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland