Why can’t all hotels be like this? I have stayed in hotels all over the world, cheap and expensive and none have exceeded my expectations in the way Citizen M did. If you want “fancy” with fawning service and marble reception areas this hotel probably isn’t for you but for me it was prefect. All the things I want in a city hotel, none of the things that cost a fortune but are completely wasted on me.
Yes, the rooms are on the small side but far bigger than I had expected given the comments on here. The bed is amazing, huge and comfortable. Because it is at the end of the room all the usual wasted space is avoided making the room seem bigger than it is. The shower is hot and powerful with fluffy towels. The room was very clean and the laminate floor is fantastic, how much better and more hygienic than a smelly carpet! What more could you really want from a city centre hotel than great location, great beds and a great shower?
There isn’t a huge amount of storage but there is certainly room to for your suitcase and there is plenty space in the drawer under the bed.
They get all the big things right but also the small things like having a plug beside the bed (in fact several to accommodate non-UK plugs).
The free wi-fi works great. One minor complaint (as someone else commented) was no UK radio but as I could stream this on my phone it wasn’t a major problem.
The public areas are lovely, comfortable and welcoming, the bar is great and the staff chatty and friendly but not intrusive.
I would recommend this hotel without hesitation and would not consider staying anywhere else if there was a Citizen M. I just wish there was more of them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Glasgow's city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow offers affordable luxury in the form of 198 modern non-smoking rooms. Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, free movies, high pressure rain showers and luxurious linens on an XL king-size bed; contemporary Vitra lobbies for work and play with free iMac access, and a 24/7 on-site eatery and bar to quench every hunger and thirst. CitizenM Glasgow also boasts SocietyM, which provides one-of-a-kind creative meeting spaces for 2 to 18 people, a larger screening room, audiovisual equipment, and reliable Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland