My partner and I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights.
The check-in was quick and easy with a very friendly member of staff. We were given a choice of room with views into the city or into the courtyard. We were both very pleased with the room. It was basic but done excellently with a great use of space. The bed was really comfortable and the shower was powerful. We loved being able to change the lighting, tv, blinds and just about everything using the mood pad. On the first night, the fire alarm went off and everyone was evacuated, but it was dealt with really quickly and efficiently by the staff. On our second night, we arrived back at the hotel to find that we had had our room changed as the room above ours had flooded. All our belongings had been moved by the staff to a different room (thankfully as the flood was quite bad) which ended up having a better view than the one we were in before so we were quite happy. The staff were very apologetic and offered us complimentary drinks that evening.
A few negatives were the lack of a tea/coffee maker and although you are able to control the temperature of the room, it would be nice to be able to open a window as the room was really warm in the morning. We considered having something to eat but found that the food available downstairs was quite expensive, however as the hotel is right in the city centre there's no shortage of other places to eat.
Even after encountering a couple of problems during our stay we would say that the room and staff more than made up for this and we not hesitate to book the hotel again. In fact, we are already in the middle of booking again for next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Glasgow's city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow offers affordable luxury in the form of 198 modern non-smoking rooms. Enjoy free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel, free movies, high pressure rain showers and luxurious linens on an XL king-size bed; contemporary Vitra lobbies for work and play with free iMac access, and a 24/7 on-site eatery and bar to quench every hunger and thirst. CitizenM Glasgow also boasts SocietyM, which provides one-of-a-kind creative meeting spaces for 2 to 18 people, a larger screening room, audiovisual equipment, and reliable Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland