“Celino's”

Celino’s
Ranked #29 of 2,473 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$12 - US$41
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Winners of Scotland's best Cafe/Bistro Award 2012, 2013, 2014 and Best Italian Bistro 2013! A beautiful authentic Italian eatery, familay run with quality food and value for money always!
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had our first meal here last night & was very impressed. It was busy a Friday night but the staff were excellent, friendly & cheerful. I had Minestrone soup which could have been slightly hotter but not making a big deal of this. When my main came, it was a chicken dish I thought i should't have had the soup & garlic bread as the portion was BIG. Wonderful meal. We have been going to Sartis & Ole sole Mio for many years but this is much better. We will be back again soon.

1  Thank Marinbiker1961
There are newer reviews for Celino’s

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We don't stay particularly close to Celinos but will travel 25 minutes to get there. We have eaten in Celinos fairly regularly: breakfast/lunch/dinner for a number of years. Its always busy and the staff are so friendly. Since going here with people from work, we now have a number of friends and family who come here often. Our 'foodie' friends love it. They also go out if their way to advise/keep you happy. Whenever we ask lots of questions/or ask "can get this, with this....", we were told, "the menu is only a guide, you tell us and we will do it".

The pizzas/calzone are great and all of the pasta is yummy but my favourite of all time is Linguine Gamberoni. Its linguine pasta with pan fried cherry tomatoes and tiger prawns in a white wine, chilli and garlic sauce. I try not to get it every time I visit but its one of these dishes where you lick the plate clean. I also had a crab & lobster ravioli starter a while back and ive not seen it on the menu since ( I think I may have been a special) and it was special! Hint! Hint!.... The 'Italian sangria' is pretty nice too - I think its done with prosecco instead of red wine - try it!

They also have a deli counter where you can buy all types of meats/cheese/Italian treats.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We had a dinner at Celino´s and it was amazing. The service was very good, the ambiance was perfect and especially the food was amazing!!!! My boyfriend had spaghetti with sea food and he was absolutely happy about his meal as he is Spanish. We will definitely come again soon! Thanks and greetings for chefs! :-)

1  Thank Garganulka
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Haven't been here in a few months but its always the same great quality fresh Italian food on offer. The minestrone soup is very thick and has a very distinctive fresh herb taste which is lovely. The pizza is very thin and crispy so you really notice the topping on it and can easily eat the pizza and enjoy it without feeling too full. Very friendly service and great choices on menu!!well worth a visit but book at busy times to avoid disappointment!!

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The food is extremely good quality and well worh the money, the staff are so nice. The only problem is they stop serving food at eight