“Always excellent quality food”
Review of Aikman's Cafe & Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Aikman's Cafe & Bistro
Description: Postcode is G1 5PD - they don't have their own website, but it can be found here: http://www.merchantcityglasgow.com/location/id/103
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Always excellent quality food”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I am a frequent Customer and I highly recommend this place to everyone who like good service and quality food.

They make good cappuccino.

• Visited November 2011

Glasgow
“Good food, friendly service and good value”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I am a regular visitor to Aikman's Cafe and I often take clients there for lunch when I am in the area. The menu is sophisticated without being expensive and the food is always freshly cooked and presented in a professional manner. Even though it is usually busy, we are never kept waiting long. The staff are friendly and the decor is inviting. I always have either the soup or the daily special which is always outstanding. The legendary Aikman's Club Sandwich is just too much for me!
I would thoroughly recommend this place to anyone who finds themselves in this area.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank AnnieBGlasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem on the edge of the city centre”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I occasionally visit Aikman's mid-week as I sometimes work nearby.

I've always been delighted by the lunches on offer and I must agree with the review above which rates the Club Sandwich as the best in Scotland - quite simply it is! In addition, the burger is great and, indeed, I have never been disappointed by anything else on the menu. I'm always astounded at how the chef can produce such great results from such a tiny kitchen space.

However, the thing that motivated me finally to review Aikman's was its breakfast. I went in for breakfast for the first time last Saturday as a colleague had told me it was worth the visit and I was around the city centre anyway. I wasn't disappointed! As usual, excellent quality ingredients, cooked well and served with a smile. Good stornoway black pudding, excellent quality bacon, sausage, tomato and eggs cooked however you like them.

All this and great coffee too (actually it'd be worth the visit just for the coffee as it's the best in the area).

Really good place to eat and good value for money.

• Visited August 2011
7 Thank billygsloan
Glasgow
“nice wee local”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Aikman's is a great small cafe in the Saltmarket area of Glasgow. The area round about is
a bit rough as there is a court across the road and most of the customers are lawyers in for
a chat between cases, but I like the buzz .Food is of a high standard and the ingredients are good quality so from that point of view the soup and sandwich is always a good choice.
In particular the goats cheese melt is a winner and as a fairly regular customer the consistency of food and service is the real draw.

• Visited May 2011
5 Thank goodfoodman
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best Club Sandwich in Scotland”
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Aikman's is a wee restaurant off the beaten path in the city centre towards St Andrews Square, which is part of the reason I love it so much. It's a clean bistro with comfortable seating, where you can either pick up some coffee/food to go or you can relax for your breakfast or lunch break. My husband and I love to go there on a Saturday for the Aikman's Club Sandwich - it is, bar none, the best club sandwich in Glasgow. I think it would be a good place to go for Americans or Canadians if they are missing familiar food for breakfast or lunch. Really good food, really good Italian coffee, really good service. I would recommend it to everyone - and I am!

5 Thank hallaway