“Proper Scottish fish and chips fish and chips”
Review of Jack Mcphee

Jack Mcphee
Ranked #1,066 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Oban, United Kingdom
“Proper Scottish fish and chips fish and chips”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Came down from the islands for xmas shopping.We had been recommended to go to" Fresh from the sea to jack mcphee" at the top of hope street. Great experience.Proper fish, cooked to perfection. Delicious crispy batter proper chippy chips with a few crunchy bits. The staff were very attentive. Coming from the islands we know good fresh fish when we eat it.The prices are amazingly good value. The best in Scotland. I mean haddock and chips £5.95 fantastic.Do yourselve4s a favour go

• Visited December 2013

• Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Soo hungry”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner had traveled up from Manchester and was very hungry, we was impressed with the Scottish pie :) fab chippy

Kilmarnock
“Great Food”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Husband and I went for a wee jaunt to Glasgow today and ended up in Jack McPhees for lunch...Hubby had steak pie and chips and I had 1/2 pizza and chips...Got to say its the best chip shop food i have tasted in years....Was cooked to perfection and came to the table very quickly and piping hot....I am not a chip fan but these chips were to die for....We shall be returning for more on our next wee visit to Glasgow....Staff also very friendly and pleasant....30/08/2013

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Dinner @ Jack McPhee”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We ate twice here and found the food greasy (yes I know its a fish and chip bar)…….. the food was good, I would question hygiene as it looked as if it needed a good scrub. But we didn't fall ill so it must be OK. Would I eat here again? A resounding yes.

Visited August 2013
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Not like the Troon shop at all.”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Made a special trip to get a fish supper here, based on my good experiences at the Troon branch. Unfortunately, all they seem to have in common is the name. The place looks a bit grubby and cheaply fitted out. Probably because of its proximity to Sauciehall Street, you have to ask staff to unlock the toilet to gain access. As for the food, hmmmm..... The fish was quite nice and freshly cooked; but the chips were among the worst I have ever tasted. Not sure why, but they were hard as if reheated; or maybe it was poor quality potatoes. Whatever; they were RANK! I suggest the staff of the Troon branch give a lesson in chip cooking to their Glasgow colleagues.

• Visited August 2013