Grand Central Hotel
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$93
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Novotel Glasgow Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$176
US$171
US$78
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Glasgow City Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$119
US$112
US$62
US$55
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Hallmark Hotel Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$105
Agoda.com
  • Pool
US$86
US$76
4,282 results
All reviewschampagne bartempus restauranttrain stationchampagne centralgordon streettaxi rankhope streetjunior suitetravelling by trainlovely hotelstreet noiselovely roomstandard rooman overnight stayhaggisstayed for one nightcentre of glasgow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I stayed at Grand Central last night and absolutely loved it. The building has so much history and was the place to stay in Glasgow in the 1930s/40s/50s - it apparently then fell into disrepair but has now been taken over by a new company and been given a complete makeover to return it to it's former glory.

Our room was huge, beautifully decorated and very comfortable. We both had a fantastic nights sleep.
The bathroom was also huge - with the most fantastic shower.
Everything was very luxurious.
The staff were all wonderful and very helpful.

In all the experience was excellent. The only thing that let it down slightly was breakfast (I didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening so can't judge that). Breakfast was a self service buffet - and while good for a buffet, it didn't live up to the luxury and opulence of the rest of the hotel. The evening menu looked quiet interesting and it wold have been nice to have some different and al a cart options in the morning.

However, I loved my stay at Grand Central and would recommend it to all.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
champagnecentral, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Another top score of 5 and thank you for your review.

I am delighted you loved your stay with us and that you will recommend the Grand Central to all. I also appreciate your knowledge of our beautiful buildings history and recent refurbishment, the team here will also be encouraged by reading your comments on wonderful and helpful staff.

I hope we can welcome you back soon and hopefully join us for a delicious meal in the Taste Award winning Tempus restaurant.

Reviewed 3 September 2011

We were in a handicapped room, so maybe all the rooms aren't like this, but the bathroom was bigger than most hotel rooms! The room itself had maybe 40 feet ceilings- I have never slept in a room that high! The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in- I sacked out. Which is a good thing- all the room doors slammed. So anytime people left their room- bang!
We were also on the lowest rung of rooms next to the station with the station pa system maybe a foot from the window- so we heard announcements the whole time. After I figured out what it was, I kind of liked it and after one night, I didn't even notice it.
One elevator was broken and the other slow but we were low enough to just use the magnificent stairs. The whole building was so beautiful.
I walked in at the same time one of the doormen was arriving for work. As I struggled with my luggage, a seemingly plainsclothed man helped me get my luggage in- thought it was strange but once I was realized he worked there realized he was just being helpful. All the staff was nice and helpful, especially the valets.
There's no airport transport, but the airport bus drops you off at Central station and the stop is outside the door of the hotel.

Room Tip: I'm not good here as I would have rather gotten a normal room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for your top score and taking the time to write a review.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff even when off duty are nice and helpful.

Being a listed building first built in 1883 our rooms and bathrooms do vary in shape and size, although all are decorated to the same high standard we believe this adds great character.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 September 2011

Lovely, modern and spacious rooms. This hotel is attached to the grand central train station so it is pretty handy if you are arriving by train with that line. My room was facing into the terminal so I could hear the announcements. I was sure this was going to keep me awake but oddly - it was fine - even without earplugs. The announcements stopped around 10 or 11 pm and then started again around 7am. The bathroom was huge (I may have been in a room that could accommodate wheelchairs). The business center was just down the hall and provided good helpful service. There is a lovely buffet breakfast that was part of the room rate. It is a 15 to 20 minute walk to the center of town and the Queen Street Station - trains to Stirling Castle, etc., George Square and the information center. The hop-on-hop off buses are wonderful. It is a great way to quickly familiarize yourself with the city. The Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is a must see. Near to that is Mother India's Cafe on 1355 Argyle Street - an amazing restaurant. There are at least 2 Mother India's - the other one is a couple of blocks up on Sauchiehall Street and is more of a plated dinner as opposed to the shared tappas style at the Cafe. Don't let the line up out the door deter you - it is worth the wait. A good pub is the Ubitquitous Chip at 12 Ashton Lane down near the university and Kelvingrove Gallery. Glasgow has many restaurants and pubs it was difficult to decide - the people at the front desk were very helpful in finding out what our tastes were and making wonderful recommendations.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Top score of 5 and a great review – Thank you.

Being a bustling city centre hotel we are ideally located within easy reach of a wide variety of shops, bars, restaurants and attractions and our concierge team are on hand with a range of recommendations of places to go and things to see.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Grand central Hotel soon or why not try one of our other Principal Hayley properties.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

My husband and I spent one night here of our honeymoon. The location of the hotel can't be beat since it is connected to the Grand Central Hotel. This hotel is also along the Glasgow Airport Express Bus route as well, which makes it convenient for those needing a place to stay on the way or coming from the airport.

Our room was small, but nice. The bathroom was almost the same size as the main room. We used the business center and the staff was helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review further to your recent stay with us.

May I congratulate you on your marriage and I am glad you chose the Grand Central for the first night of your honeymoon.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

We found the Grand Central ideal for a stay since we arrived by train from London. The hotel is part of the train station but was very quiet and comfortable. It has undergone a lot of renovations and upgrades in the past while, everything was up to date and in good repair. The staff werefriendly and helpful. all in all a good spot to stay. Good value.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your review.

The Grand Central Hotel is perfect for guests arriving by train especially after a long journey from London to Glasgow. I am glad you found our staff friendly and helpful and I do hope we can welcome you back soon.