“Very good hotel.”

Grand Central Hotel
Ranked #40 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I booked a room for 2 nights at short notice and got a good value deal. The hotel was immaculate and the reception very good. I was offered an executive room upgrade and given a £10 drinks voucher on arrival. The room was large and very clean. I ate in the restaraunt on one evening the food was good and especially good value with the drinks voucher. I have stayed at many of the larger hotels in Glasgow and I would rate this as one of the best.

• Stayed: November 2011
champagnecentral, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Thank you for your excellent top 5 score.

I am very pleased with your feedback on the success of our refurbishment and on our Tempus restaurant. We are delighted that you consider the Grand Central as on of the best city centre hotels.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Laurie Nicol

Write a ReviewReviews (4,180)

Reviewed 19 November 2011

We were guests at a charity event being held in this hotel and decided to stay here bacause of its exceptionally convenient location in Glasgow city centre.

We were most impressed by the staff and the hotel which we believe has recently been refurbished. The night went well helped enormously by the staff who were ever present but never in the way. The food was super. The champagne bar was most impressive with its views over the station plaza.

The room was spotless and huge with a big comfy bed, the bathroom was massive as big as our bedroom at home with hand shower as well as overhead shower and a bath.

We will return.

We really wished we had stayed two nights and taken in a bit more of Glasgow city centre.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as you can get some noise from the station in the morning we were advised.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank neil_mckagencies
champagnecentral, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Another fantastic top 5 score!

Thank you so much for your positive comments & for taking the time to share your thoughts about the hotel after your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that we have left you with such a great impression of the Grand Central Hotel and your comments about our staff and service will be shared with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Central in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

fantastic location and a room to die for, huge. It really is a fantastic and impressive building. Get a good b&b rate if possible because at £16 a head it's pretty expensive, but there are loads of eateries out the front door ready to feed you at reasonable rates.
The only downside we encountered was when leaving. The NCP car park, which the hotel promotes, wanted £17 instead of the £8 the hotel deal has. There was either a problem with the NCP chip or the hotel verifier. This wasn't my problem, but it quickly became mine, as the receptionist said to 'take it up with NCP'! She even advised a customer of this offer whilst blanking me.
It took some stern and audible complaining before I eventually got the duty manager to help me, which he, to his credit, did... eventually. The NCP are nothing short of ignorant, pompous cowboys.
So my departure took me over an hour, which soured our stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent break with us at the Grand Central Hotel.

I was delighted to hear you enjoyed stay, although you did encounter some small teething issues on checkout. Your feedback is very important to us and we will ensure that your comments are passed onto our Reception Manager.

We hope to welcome back to the hotel in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I like old Victorian-esque Railway hotels and this has a great staircase and amazing features. It has been fairly recently redone so it feels like it is up to date in rooms except that they are often oddly shaped but for me that is character that I like.
Good porridge, friendly staff, good martini.
It is right on the station but I dont mind the bit of noise that will come with that cnvenience.

Room Tip: Higher up and you are away from street noise but the rooms are a bit less geometric
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2011

A really nice hotel with some lovely old features. Bed was very comfortable and bedroom spacious. Breakfast was excellent. In some rooms there is considerable noise from the station.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
champagnecentral, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about the hotel after your recent stay with us.

We are a wonderfully central hotel and we are delighted to have been able to restore all of it's original features!

I will pass you comments on to the Reservations Team who allocate bedrooms and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 November 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst attending a ball in the hotel. I had a single room which although small was very comfortable, with a 3/4 size bed. Nice bathroom and excellent breakfasts. Staff all very friendly and helpful. Airport shuttle bus stops opposite hotel. Good position, close to all city centre amenities and shops. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ANNE R

Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor and for your excellent score of 5!

I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us, and will ensure your feedback is passed onto the team.

I hope we will be able to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2011

Stayed here for one night after a function and I must say we were more than happy with it, the room was lovely, clean and icredibly comfy, the bathroom was enormous breakfast was good, plenty choice and all nice and hot , all of the staff we dealt with were very helpful ,would recommend this hotel to anyone, good location , great staff , comfy rooms,couldn't ask for anymore

• Stayed: November 2011

Thank you for this 5 star review!!

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding the hotel, facilities and staff. Your comments are very much appreciated and I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards