“Great stay .”

Ranked #42 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Great stay .”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I booked this hotel for my parents as they were going to see a show in Glasgow then down to London the next day . They love the hotel , friendly staff , super room and breakfast . Great check out at noon for them to then step on to the train . Would book again .

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
champagnecentral, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2012
I am pleased to read that your parents love the Grand Central Hotel; thank you for choosing us and for your top rating of 5.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you to the hotel in the future too.

Laurie Nicol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (918)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My partner booked this hotel for my birthday but it didnt live up to my expectations. As you enter the hotel reception there is a large check in desk and that is it. It is endless corridors and everything seems to be hidden out of the way.Our room was very dark and small,not somewhere you would want to spend a lot of time as I felt very claustraphobic. Its not the sort of hotel you would go for a relaxing weekend. I was expecting large lounges and a relaxing bar but apart from the champagne bar that was it.Maybe I just couldnt find it as everything appeared to be on different floors. Dont think I would stay here again,more suited as a business hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Recently renovated well-run hotel with professional and friendly staff, beautifully decorated spacious rooms, comfortable beds and very good service. The location is great, especially if arriving to Glasgow by train.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your great feedback and for taking the time to review, I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Plymouth
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stayed here one night for business. Made a nice change from the usual offerings from the massive chain hotels and since I booked through laterooms the rate was pretty good. The architecture of the hotel is the main selling point for me, built by the Victorains it has fantastic high celings and wide corridors and certainly feels a bit special. Room was comfortable and a decent size with good quality furnishings and bathroom was huge. Great location for the main shopping areas. I needed to catch a flight the next morning and a a nearby airport shuttle bus service got me there in 20 mins for £5 which is not bad!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
I am pleased that we had the opportunity to welcome you to the Grand Central through a business trip and that you have taken the time to review, thank you.

I must agree that with the building being first built in 1883 we certainly stand out from the crowd with our beautiful high ceilings and elegant wide, long corridors and not forgetting our stunning 22.5 metre long chandelier by the grand staircase.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

We went to Glasgow for a concert and stayed at this hotel as my partner had stated with work before and was raving about the champagne bar.

We had a great time, a couple of small niggles - the shower tap came off in my hand but fitted back on and there was no air con in the room so was a bit warm.

The restaurant quality and staff were excellent as was the breakfast. I will stay again when in Glasgow. The price was also excellent, we got a very special deal!!

• Stayed May 2012
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Although this hotel bosts luxury, I found them to be nowhere near.
Good points : the location is ideal and the room size was at least what I could expect (but small bathroom (width of the bath tube )).
Bad points : the overall standard. Pretending does not mean succeeding - And quality is very far from even the standards of average hotels.
Just looking at the room, some iron wires were actually holding a broken light cap, one bulb was dead, the carpet was not very clean, no hook or table in the bathroom ... .
On top of that, the level of noise was closer to a roadside motel than a supposedly posh hotel - though questions may also arise on the ability of customers not to scream out loud when roaming the corridors in search for their room.
I also went to the hotel bar with a friend and the counter was not clean nor cleaned, the drinks served very badly (had my drink in and out of the glass and was the one having to grab a towel to actually clean the mess...).
Last, the breakfast has some choice but, again, the quality is not here. Self-service so be lucky and get there when it is fresh ... And nothing special for a breakfast paid above the price of other (good) hotels from the surroundings.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sam P
Glasgow
Reviewed 9 May 2012

What can I say and where do I start, apart from telling everyone out there how wonderful the team at The Grand Central are, they organised my daughters wedding day in 2 short weeks and what a fabulous wedding it was. The grandeur of the hotel is breathtaking, I had forgotten how beautiful the Hotel was, the staff excelled themselves in every way possible, the wedding banquet was tremendous, all in all a wonderful day which could not have happened without the exceptional skills from the events and management team.

Well done Grand Central, everyone I speak to thanks me for inviting them to the Wedding of the Year!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PatriciaCGlasgow
champagnecentral, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Many thanks for your review and top rating of 5!

I am delighted with your comments and I appreciate your feedback on the high standard of service and comfort offered through out the build up to and during your daughters very special day; your comments are very encouraging to all of the team, thank you very much.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,