“Perfection”

Ranked #42 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
ayrshire
“Perfection”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Absolutely brilliant stay. Central location. Courteous check in staff. Beautiful and spacious double room. Very clean. Nice toiletries in the bathroom. Tea and coffee tray. Iron and ironing board. Excellent amenities. Room service. Champagne bar is fabulous. Extremely well trained staff. Would recommend this excellent hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank ayrfoodie
champagnecentral, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Wow, thank you very much for your review and top rating of 5!

Your comments are very much appreciated and are very encouraging for all of the team here. It is pleasing to read comments from guests who have experienced the Grand Central at it's very best.

A warm welcome awaits you upon your return.

Laurie Nicol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (920)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
troon scotland
Reviewed 3 June 2012

My dad was 80 recently and as a treat our family sent our parents here for the Scrumptious Sunday night. When they came home mum told me it really wasn't as scrumptious as they had expected! They faults are all small but taken together were disappointing. Fixed shower head and no shower cap-mum had to go find a maid to ask for one. No grab rail in shower, no shaving point,no hairdryer and only 1 chair in room. They were on a 2 course dinner,bed and breakfast package and found the choice on the dinner menu disappointing-they had to buy chips at £1.50 for 16!! The deal included a £10 voucher for wine with dinner-2 glasses of wine cost £14!
They both slept well and said breakfast was excellent.
Now we had sent them there and expected them to spend nothing so were a bit upset that they had costs.
I had a email from the hotel asking how the night was and told them but have had no reply in any way. I wasn't going to review the hotel on their behalf but felt I had to.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1206irene
The feedback that we receive generally on our Scrumptious Sunday package has been great to date and therefore please be assured that your comments will be raised with the Tempus Manager and Executive Head Chef to ensure our high standard is always being met.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback, thank you.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago, from walking through the doors, i recieved a very warm welcome. The grand stair case caught my eye straight away. I was staying on level 3. Long wide corridors (spotless) I have to say they must have a good team of cleaners to keep these corridors and staircases up to scratch. My room was large and very clean. I had the pleasure of going to the famous champange bar, which i have to say it delivers what it says... great atmosphere and friendly staff. The service was good but a little rushed but my expectations were met. I had the pleasure of dining in tempus for dinner and also for breakfast. Again i have to say it was all 5 stars. On my departure of my room i was aknowledged by a member of housekeeping to ask if i required any help with my luggage. I was genuinely surprised by this as i have never been asked this before. I thanked the girl very much for her offer whom took my case to the lift for me. My stay at this hotel was great and would strongly recommend to anyone in the future coming to glasgow to stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review and for the top rating of 5!

I am really pleased to read your excellent feedback and especially with your comments on the member of housekeeping staff who offered to help you with you luggage. This is the standard of service we strive to offer at all times and your comments will be passed on to the Housekeeping Manager which will encourage her team further.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed last night the 31/5/12 great stay and didn't hear a thing from central station beautiful hotel great location would also like to mention the receptionist that night didn't catch his name but he was very friendly and started the whole enjoyable experience

• Stayed June 2012
champagnecentral, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Thank you for another top rating of 5 and for writing a review on our hotel.

We are glad that you had a great stay with us and I appreciate your comments on the excellent service you received from the receptionist upon arrival, we have recently won the Hotel Team of the Year Award at the 2012 Scottish Hotel Awards and we are all very proud of this achievement.

Hopefully we can welcome you back very soon.

scotland
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Just returned from dinner with my friend. Craig was wonderful and so was the food . Thank you all.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank scottiewanderer
Thank you for your top rating of 5 and your fantastic review, Craig will especially be delighted with your comments.

I do hope we can welcome you and your friends back very soon!

NB, Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2012

From the 4-storey chandelier in the spiral staircase to the friendly staff, this is a charmingly elegant hotel. Newly renovated, it has high ceilings, well-proportioned rooms, and superbly comfortable beds. The hotel artwork includes old photographs of Glasqow Central Station. Some rooms overlook the station concourse. The bathrooms have heated towel rails for that added comfort. Excellent location, close to shops, restaurants, and the River Clyde. Very good food in the restaurant and a champagne bar! The bed and breakfast rate is an especially good deal.

The front desk staff and concierge are very helpful with directions and local information. If you need an airport cab, ask at the desk and save 5 pounds! My only concern was that the doors to guest rooms are very heavy and bang loudly when discourteous guests (and the occasional hotel staff member) do not close them carefully.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the train station if you don't mind hearing announcements during the...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dalry
Many thanks for your review, I am glad we were able welcome you to the Grand Central Hotel during your trip.

It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and a warm welcome awaits you should you be returning to Glasgow.

Southampton
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I stayed the one night at the end of May on business and found the hotel staff welcoming and friendly throughout and the hotel itself ideally cited to get around with all the usual facilities that you would expect. I was up on the 3rd floor with a room to the back of the hotel, so whilst away from any possible noise this was offset with a view over perhaps the sidings, but then I wasn't there to sight-see so not a major issue. Minor niggles were over the bath / shower, I couldn't readily see how to choose the former over the latter, and at breakfast there were no staff around to show you to your tables or explain the ropes. Neither issue however would prevent me staying again. Bedroom was spotless, decor throughout gave hints of the 1920's which I like and breakfast itself was good with choices to suit all palates.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank WoodsySouthampton
Thank you for taking the time to review and providing valuable feedback; I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.