“2nd stay and woulld return”

Grand Central Hotel
Ranked #42 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
East Kilbride
“2nd stay and woulld return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Central on Sunday 17th June for the second time. We booked on the hotel website and paid £99 for dinner, bed and breakfast for the two of us which was a bargain. As part of the package we even got a £10 voucher towards drinks. The dinner was delicious, the breakfast was good and the room was spacious and comfortable. The bar in the hotel is lovely and is a great people watching spot. Would definately return.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lyndseyEK
, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and for your top rating of 5!

It is very pleasing to read comments from guests who have had great experience with us and is very encouraging to all of the team here.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Laurie Nicol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (891)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

Went to Champagne Bar for afternoon tea and a glass of champagne it was excellent lovely atmosphere and the staff were so attentive nice present to give someone would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review and of rating of 5, as you were impressed by your recent visit to Champagne Central for a delicious afternoon tea and champagne.

I am delighted that you will be recommending the Grand central Hotel to others.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

building is quite beautiful, but the service wasn t up to a 4stars hotel s standards, oysters were so small and warm, nobody checked on us to make sure we were happy and even when i paid the waiter didn t ask if everything was ok with the food and the prosecco.. bare in mind the champagne bar was empty and he wasn t busy. not an experience that i ll recommend, sorry

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank emar_1978
I am disappointed to read that you were not left with a good impression of the service offered during your dining experience and please be assured that your comments will be raised with the Food & Beverage Managers to ensure the highest of standards are being met at all times.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the future to see the hotel at it's very best.

Yorkshire Lass
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

I booked this hotel via DHR - brilliant value. Huge modern room with two huge twin beds. Lovely chamapgne bar, super reastaurant. Excellent location. Very helpful concierge. Will return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
I am delighted that you had a superb stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon, thank you for your top rating of 5.

A warm welcome back awaits you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

This is my second time staying here and it was once again excellent. The rooms are clean and very boutique. The hotel decor is fantastic in this fabulous old building. The restaurant 'Tempus' is really good food and friendly staff. Breakfast in the morning is just as good as the food in the restaurant. We had our Christmas party night in the Victoria and Regent suite and it was superb great food, great service and enjoyed by all. I would definetly recommend this hotel for an overnight stay or a Christmas Party night. The staff that organise venues are excellent. It is one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hathor06
Many thanks for providing your fantastic feedback and for your top rating of 5!

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable experience with us at one of our Christmas party nights last year and were impressed with the customer service and quality offered; hopefully we can celebrate the festive season with you again for 2012.

argyll
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Rooms are ok ! Ok if you are traveling and using train station ! Service was terrible ! Ian no snob by any means but I have never met such a bunch of rude staff in all my life ! Apart from one cheery concierge !
Stayed in January ! Left my passport on room to witch I contacted the hotel the next day to say what room and where I put it ! Heard nothing for a week then said it wasn't there ! A week passed again I thought I'd give it another shot to ask ! I was told it was there ! So I took the 100 mile journey from wher we live to go collected it ! When I got there iwas told it wasn't there !!! Anyway ! I order a new one ! And 5 months pass , yes 5 months ! And I revive a phone call to say it was there ! And it mysteriously turned up with out nobody knowing where or how ?! When I made the round trip again to collect this I explained my incovienice to the 12 year old manager to which he knew nothing about and when I mentioned any of the staff that I had delt with over the previous months ! They had left and no longer work there ! Seemed like a cover up !
However that aside not actually all it's croaked to be ! Potential to be really good it just need something .....? And some new management !!!!! Sorry if this is to much of a rant! And hope this can help ! Stay here if you looking for a clean bed but nothing else !!!

• Stayed January 2012
Thank you for your review.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced, this is certainly not the standard of service that we pride ourselves on. I can assure you you’re your comments have been fully investigated and we are carrying out appropriate retraining to our staff.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future to see the hotel at it's very best.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed here overnight in May and were thrilled with the room - very boutique. Had a meal in the restaurant and were impressed by the service and the fabulous food.Can thoroghly recommend this hotel without reservation..Superbly located for exploring Glasgow's shops and right next to station.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your brilliant review and another top rating of 5, your comments are very much appreciated and encouraging to all of the Grand Central team.

I hope we can welcome you back again very soon!