“Excellent”

Grand Central Hotel
Ranked #39 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I have stayed here many times and have never been disappointed. Very friendly. Rooms have always been lovely and the last time I stayed I had a great view over the station concourse (room 116) if you like people watching, this room is the one for you! Breakfast was perfect though I thought the coffee was poor.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ammoman48
champagnecentral, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

It is a delight to read a review from a returning guest and to know that we are their hotel of choice while staying in Glasgow.

Thank you very much for your feedback and a very warm welcome awaits your return.

Kind Regards,
General Manager.

There are newer reviews for Grand Central Hotel

Reviewed 16 August 2012

I love this hotel. It is beautifully redecorated thoughout and immaculate. Bedrooms are extremely comfortable and very clean. The Champagne Bar is simply stunning and the cocktails very reasonably priced and beautifully presented. We had dinner and breakfast here. Dinner was wonderful - worth every penny. Friendly service, delicious food and a nice atmosphere in the restaurant. Breakfast was good, but nothing special. Overall a wonderful city centre hotel. Can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andi-2M

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Grand Central Hotel. It is good to hear all your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,
General Manager.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Average everything except the price which is toppy. Stay at the Malmaison instead would be my advice.
The service was amateur, the room tired, the television didn't work, water stains on the ceiling, check out was slow.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
champagnecentral, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

I am disappointed to read your feedback from your stay with us and I am sorry to hear that you experienced maintenance issues with your room. Unfortunately Trip Advisor does not give us the facility to receive details on your stay so I cannot investigate these matters further. However, we do have a Duty Manager in the hotel at all times, who can be contact via reception to help with all guest requirements there and then.

I would like to thank you for all your comments and I can assure you I have taken them on board.

I do hope you decide to visit us again and see us at our best.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I visit Deli central with my colleagues at least one a week and always receive great service. The three girls who are always there are fabulous and are always smiling and chatty. the food is high quality at reasonable prices and is always served within 10mins which is what you are looking for when on your break from work. The soups are sometimes not the best however no complaints can really be made on the £3 deal! I recommend this cafe to people regularly and will continue to go. The building its self is stunning with original roofing and i look forward to the night stay i have booked for the end of the month,in high hopes that the service I have so far received continues.

Room Tip: Try the grilled vegetable panini! my Favourite!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SWHSSE

The best compliment any hotel can ask for is the recommendation from their guests to their friends and family and I am delighted to read your comments and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your top rated review.

Deli Central is our latest addition to the hotel and we are proud to say it has been a great success. With its tin ceiling from La Forchette Restaurant, there is a sense of history and importance created; and along with the friendly faces of our Deli team it is the perfect place to enjoy your lunch.

We look forward to seeing you again at the end of the month where you can explore more of what Grand Central Hotel has to offer at its best.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

My partner and I stayed for two nights in an Executive Double Room. The bedroom was a decent size, the bed very comfortable and there were good-sized mirrors. I had requested a bathroom with a bath, but the one we were allocated only had a shower and I would have hoped for a bigger bathroom in an executive room. On the first morning, the shower water was only lukewarm and when we reported this, we were told there had been a problem with the boiler and this was resolved by later in the day. Our TV was also not working, but this was repaired promptly once reported. As noted in many previous reviews, the location means that there is likely to be considerable noise from the street at weekends - As our room was on the 4th floor it was quieter than rooms on lower floors, but still meant some late street noise when the windows were open.

We did not eat at the hotel but thoroughly enjoyed our Saturday visit to Champagne Central, enjoying chamagne and cocktails whilst having a great view of the bustle of the station from our window seats - The drinks weren't cheap, but we had expected this and the location made up for it. We had looked in on the Friday, but it seemed very packed, noisy and loud music by early evening, so we came back the following day and would advise anyone who wants to get a seat and a quieter time to go in the afternoon or on a weekday evening.

As a train fan, I appreciated the train prints in the communal areas and over the bed and the central stairwell with its huge chandelier was very impressive indeed.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room to minimise street noise at night
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gillian1974

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. Throughout our £20 million refurbishment we not only wanted to bring this iconic building back it its former glory but also to capture the historic link this building has to Central Station.
Enjoying one of our delicious cocktails while sat in our Champagne Central is the perfect place to capture this with those wonderful panoramic views over Central Station. It is always excellent to hear of guest appreciation to all the work hard we have put in to bringing this hotel back to being the hotel of choice in Glasgow.

A very warm welcome awaits your return.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

I stayed at the Grand Central for a weekend shopping trip with a friend. It's in a great location, right next to Glasgow Central train station, literally! We didn't realise how close it was, or we'd have taken the train. There is parking close by at a charge of about £10 a day, if you were to be driving.

Check in was efficient. We were told there were two weddings on that weekend, which made me slightly apprehensive about noise and service, but I can't say I noticed any disturbance at all!

The room was perfect, exactly what we needed. The bathroom was excellent and very clean. Nothing special about the view, but we weren't there for the scenery! My friend had the breakfast and had nothing but nice things to say, especially about the eggs!

The concierge was very helpful and directed us to a wonderful little restaurant across the road (Ad Lib) that we wouldn't even have noticed had he not pointed it out. There is a taxi rank right outside the hotel.

I'll definitely be back to the Grand Central, although next time I'll take the train!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

I am delighted to read your review and would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We are located in the heart of Glasgow city centre with all the shops, restaurants and attractions within walking distance, which is perfect for that weekend shopping trip with friends. For all our business and travel guests, our entrance direct into Central Station along with our concierge team who are more than happy to assist you with any luggage to your train, makes your journey back home relaxed and stress free.

I will pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team. A warm welcome awaits your next visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

Stayed over Saturday night after a wedding! Room comfortable and well furnished . Minus point room over looked station and noisey . Tempus resturant food average my smoked salmon was hard and tasteless ! Other members of party stated duck was good ! Champagne bar £8.50 for a cocktail a bit excessive !
Phoned room service for bucket of ice ! Waited at least 30mins and had to call and remind them .

• Stayed: August 2012

I hope you enjoyed the wedding celebration. Our aim is to do our utmost to make every occasion extra special.

Please be assured that all guest feedback is very important to us and I have taken on board all y our comments to investigate further. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.