“Brilliant stay”

Grand Central Hotel
Ranked #39 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband & I loved our stay to the last bit. In a great location to explore the city it's a perfect place for a base. The staff are lovely and made us feel very welcome. Our room was simple but had everything we needed. If we ever come back to Scotland we shall return!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jess_lyon1
Laurie N, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Grand Central, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so thoroughly.

If you are returning, please feel free to contact our reservations team on 0141 240 3733 for our best available rates.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed here for one night only. I selected hotel based on it's location, price and reviews.

The pros
-brilliant location in city centre and right next to train station
-clean rooms with decent bed & decent sleep quality
-large bathroom
-ok service
-price value was decent

The cons
-room itself was very small (this was the cheapest room for single person)
-hotel gives you the idea of something "grand", but rooms are really basic
-I didn't have any view, as my window was towards train station structures / wall

To sum it up: if you pay below 90 euros a night I think it is ok value. I could stay again. I didn't eat anything during my stay. Breakfast was not included.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Abramis

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Grand Central Hotel. We rely on feedback from guests such as yourself to continually improve upon our service offering and I thank you for taking the time to pass yours on.

We find our single rooms to be comfortable and reasonably priced for a lone guest staying with us, though we have larger double and executive rooms available for single occupancy if you are booking with us in the future.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Always love to stay at the Glasgow Central Hotel and this last stay did not disappoint. Nice comfortable room, friendly and helpful staff and hotel location is so convenient for shopping, pubs and restaurants. Will definitely return and highly recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank JoeH2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Grand Central Hotel, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly and that you were so well looked after by our team.

If you are planning on returning to Glasgow in the near future please feel free to contact our reservations team on 0141 240 3733 for our best available rates.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Really impressed with the service at this hotel, the staff couldn't do enough for us from sorting out the problem with the Wi-Fi to helping with my dietary requirements. A lovely room with plenty of space, a phone call checking we had everything we needed in the room, a really enjoyable evening meal and a good breakfast with plenty of choice what more can you ask for.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda E

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Grand Central Hotel, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our team was so helpful.

If you are booking to stay with us in the future please feel free to contact our reservations team on 0141 240 3733 for our best available rates.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed in this lovely hotel with my sister for a girly night in the City for the third time last night. We always enjoy the ambiance and service at The Grand Central and the location is a perfect base for enjoying the city centre. As the owner of a small and far less grand hotel, I would like to pass on a few comments on very small improvements that could be made to make the overall experience even more enjoyable.... Firstly, the television in our room had a mind of it's own and turned off, or just lost the picture and not the sound every couple of minutes. Strangely we had a problem with the TV the last time we stayed here. Also, the tea and coffee provided on the hospitality tray is pitiful. For the price of the rooms I would expect a little more choice and better quality coffee and tea products. Finally, accepting that it must be an extremely difficult building to heat, we were quite chilly both in our room and at breakfast. Overall, still a lovely weekend treat to stay here, but please take the time to improve on the small touches that could really make a big difference.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maria831

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at the Grand Central, and thank you for taking your time to pass on your feedback.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the relevant managers at our upcoming Head of Departments meeting with the hope of further improving our service.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We came too Glasgow for a family break. I would highly recommend staying at the Grand, the family room was amazing, very comfortable and grand! The staff were very friendly and the champagne bar had a lovely relaxing vibe to it. Excellent location, would recommend for families and couples, would definately go back.

Room Tip: ask for room 306 if need a family room, very quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank fiona m

Thank you for your review of your families recent experience at the Grand Central. It was a delight to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us so thoroughly.

If you are booking to stay with us in the future please feel free to contact our reservations team on 0141 240 3733, who will be more than happy to allocate you the same room you have enjoyed already.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have just arrived home after an Utterly brilliant stay at the Grand Central Hotel Glasgow. This historic beautiful hotel right in the City Centre is amazing. You can feel the grand nostalgia just walking about this bespoke hotel. The reception team is excellent! I would like to thank Olivia & Andrew who where outstanding and made every effort to make me feel at home. Even though this is a four star hotel, Olivia's customer service was better than some 5 star hotel's I've stayed in. The only complaint I have is it is a little noisy during the weekend at night, so request a higher floor. This was my 1st stay and I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Request a high floor over looking the station.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Laurie N, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014