Grand Central Hotel
Crowne Plaza Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$194
CrownePlaza.com
US$330
US$321
  • Restaurant
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$157
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
4,320 results
All reviewschampagne bartempus restauranttrain stationchampagne centralgordon streettaxi rankhope streetjunior suitetravelling by trainlovely hotelstreet noiselovely roomstandard rooman overnight stayhaggisstayed for one nightcentre of glasgow
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Room and everything quite nice, but I specifically asked for a quiet room.

At the time of writing this review, I'm straining to hear my TV over the noise of a function they are holding two floors below me! Little point in asking for a quiet room it seems.

One other thing - the curtain doesn't fully cover the window, so expect to be woke early tomorrow!

Stayed: June 2014
Laurie N, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your stay at the Grand Central Hotel.

I was disappointing to read that you were disturbed by noise whilst staying with us. As a busy city center hotel, we do occasionally deal with a degree of noise, and i am sorry if this impacted upon your stay.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I was given a particularly big room on the 4th floor, facing an inner courtyard. It was certainly good value. On the downside the food was not to my liking, so I'd suggest going to one of the many near by venues for food. In addition to this, on arrival they asked to take a swipe of my card, incase I used the mini bar or order room service. There was no mini bar in my room and I ordered nothing, they still charged me £100 without saying and took an age to refund it to me.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your review of your time at the Grand Central Hotel.

I am sorry that you did not fully enjoy your time with us, though i appreciate you sending through your feedback.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed one night using an itison vouchers for bed, breakfast and afternoon tea. Check-in didn't go well as at 3pm our room was not ready. We were offered a complimentary drink in Champagne Central however which was nice. We then had our rose champagne afternoon tea. Despite being booked in we had to ask for the service to begin - sorry for keeping you waiting was the reply. Afternoon tea arrived, I had to ask for plates - sorry again. Tea arrived, no cups however, I had to ask - sorry again! The sandwiches were dry and one had a totally unidentifiable filing. The cakes consisted of a variety of different types of sponges in tiny squares and a big blob of squirted cream in the middle of the plates to fill space. One cake had a hole all the way through so you could see out the other side. Nobody asked how things were. In fact getting anyone's attention was pretty difficult. When we left we could see about five waiters all standing around talking to each other. On the way to our room housekeeping staff passed us talking about guests and how lucky they were to be getting anything at all?!Our 'deluxe' room was quite odd, a tiny double bed, no bath! and a large room off to the side with two chairs and a TV. There was only one towel in the room so I called reception, the lady on the phone acted surprised that we wanted another towel. I woke up with a sore back as the bed make you roll into the middle. Breakfast was nice, service very good. Upon check-out we were not asked how our stay was - I get the feeling this hotel is told all too often! Wont be back unfortunately. This IS a very grand hotel however is let down on a major basis by staff who fail to get the concept behind the hospitality business.

2  Thank katoomba21

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments.

I was surprised to read that you didn't finds our staff to be up to standard, as we often hear so many fabulous comments about their approachability and work ethic. I will be sure to discuss your comments with the relevant departmental managers.

Thanks again

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have never written a review for anywhere but felt I needed to after our stay at The Grand Central Hotel. I will try and include as much info as possible for any worriers :) My boyfriend and I stayed for one night on the 28th June. We wanted a night out in Glasgow and couldn't have asked for a better hotel location - you are minutes from all the bars and restaurants. We walked everywhere. We got the train for Livingston and I loved the fact that we could walk right into the hotel from the station without having to step outside. Try and get a higher room if you are worried about noise. You'll be surprised at how little noise you hear from the hustle and bustle of the train station.

The overall feel of the hotel was very grand from the moment we stepped through the door. Such a high standard everywhere you looked (I felt quite smug as I'd picked it) We were greeted by friendly staff and check in was quick and easy. We went for the Superior Double room which I would strongly recommend - we paid just over £100 for the room, which although didn't include breakfast was well worth it anyway - just for the luxury. The 5th floor is completely new (If you don't want to wait on the elevator the stairs aren't too bad and you get to admire the huge Chandelier which runs through every floor. The 5th floor has been completely refurbished and the photos online do not do the rooms justice and if I'm quite honest didn't think the blue themed rooms looked as nice as the other rooms BUT my god was I wrong. They are stunning!

The Room:
Double Bed, Sooo comfy, big fluffy pillows. Nicely laid out with a throw and decorative pillows. There is sofa type seating in front of the window and a dining seating area as well with glasses for the bubbly :) there is a fridge in the cupboard (make sure it's on, we had to switch ours on and if your bottle doesn't fit in it just slide the shelves out), full size ironing board and iron, hair dryer in one of the drawers, tea and coffee facilities (also in the cupboard, we didn't see this until 10 minutes before we were due to leave. So remember to check all hidey places when you arrive) Flat screen TV with enough channels, Light switches can all be operated from bedside which was handy. Perfect temperature for a room with no air con. You can open the window slightly too. Black out blinds which were great in the morning. We didn't eat in the hotel but the hotel will give you information on any offers they are doing. £30 odd for a steak meal for 2 with a bottle of wine. Breakfast I seen was £6 per person I think. You will get the menu in your room. Check out the Champagne Bar too. Even just for one wee drink - such a grand grand bar.

Bathroom: Marble bathroom, again Stunning! Not a huge size but you're not in there for dancing so it was fine for us :) big double sized 'perfectly hot' shower with big shower head above but the option of a detachable head too. Big mirror, Fluffy white towels. Everything that you needed for an overnight stay and also finished to a high standard

Staff:
Every staff member wears a smile here. If you are stuck for places to go in Glasgow or need directions Gordon is really helpful and will keep you right. Otherwise ask anyone. Staff are very approachable.

If this hotel had spa/pool facilities I honestly think I'd never have left. Perfect Stay. I will definitely be back and I would highly recommend. Sorry we never took more photos

Room Tip: 5th Floor - Superior Double. :) We stayed in Room 541. Check all cupboards and drawers for hair dryer, tea/coffee, ironing board & Iron.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave your fabulous review of your experience at the Grand Central Hotel.

It was a delight that you enjoyed your time with us, and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

If you would like to stay again please feel free to contact the reservations team on 0141 240 3733.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was our second stay at the Grand Central. It's a beautiful hotel, fabulously presented. The staff, and the levels of service, are outstanding. We ate dinner in the Tempus restaurant, where the food was absolutely gorgeous... breakfast is also served there, and is pretty good.

Unfortunately, we had a list of complaints about our room this stay. Mostly small, niggly, maintenance issues - but all the more annoying because they could have been so easily dealt with.

To be positive, though, we passed all of our complaints on to the duty manager. He listened intently, and actually seemed to take our concerns seriously. I'm pretty convinced that everything we mentioned will be dealt with! Again, outstanding customer service skills. We will definitely stay at GCH again, and would happily recommend it.

Room Tip: Staff say that 'higher floors and rear facing rooms' are quieter when there are functions on.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of your experience at the Grand Central Hotel.

It was a delight to read that your feedback was met with such professionalism and sincerity by our Duty Manager, and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards