“great hotel and location”

Grand Central Hotel
Ranked #42 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Wallaceburg, Canada
“great hotel and location”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel is really nice with a lot of character and breakfast was good. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Shopping, pubs and restaurant's so close to everything. Thanks Jayne from beach bum vacations for booking us here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
20 Thank Jeff M
Laurie N, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your fabulous review of your recent experience at the Grand Central Hotel.

It was a delight to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and i hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

If you would like to make another booking, please feel free to contact our reservations team on 0141 240 3733 for our best available rates.

Laurie Nicol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (931)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 8 July 2014

On stepping through the front door my mum and myself had a fab time. All staff were brilliant. The room beautiful. Eating in the restaurant that evening was excellent from great service from the staff and the mouthwatering food. I have stayed there on a few occasions and would recommend it. There is nothing too much trouble. The staff courteous and helpful and they were very busy. I am booking again soon. Thank you everyone mum and I had a ball.

Room Tip: All rooms that I have been allocated have been beautiful
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Lovely two night stay to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary. Special deal which included an upgraded room and dinner at Tempus restaurant included. Room was very nice, although heating was extreme had to try and prop window open to cool it down as controls on radiator didn't work. Otherwise big comfy bed, fab Bathroom with lovely toiletries. Great buffet breakfast lots of lovely Haggis , my husband would just have eaten that !! Very pleasant and helpful staff . Car parking in the station at reduced price, still quite expensive but it is in the city centre. Liked it so much we will be returning this year !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Laurie N, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at the Grand Central.

We rely on feedback from our guests to continually review and improve upon our service standards, and i thank you for taking the time to pass your on.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I don't want to be too critical about this fantastic hotel as my friend and I stayed on an Itison deal and it was worth every penny. The only downside was the afternoon tea which is normally pretty pricey and if we'd paid the full price I would be more critical about it. Firstly the sandwiches were ice cold out of a fridge. Obviously not freshly made. Due to their iciness there was very little flavour. Beef was stringy and to have an egg sandwich didn't seem very luxurious to me!! Next the scones were definitely not baked fresh that day. They had been warmed up and that's such a giveaway as no scone should be hot when putting cream on to them! The cream itself was like a block of butter. It too had been in the fridge far too long. Jars of jam also were a disappointment. In a hotel which has won an award as the best hotel in Scotland I thought there might even be home made jam. Silly me!! Small squares of cake were tasty. The glass of champagne was to die for. No complaints there!! It might seem a bit picky the complaints I have raised but I have had quite a few afternoon teas and some so much cheaper but so much better that I feel I have a valid cause for complaint. The hotel and staff are superb and I would not say no to another stay there but I would stick with the champagne next time and skip the afternoon tea!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at the Grand Central.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A Weekend away from the norm was exactly what my other half & I aimed for when booking the Grand Central.

On arrival we were met immediately with a warm welcoming smile.

Our room was very spacious & impecably decorated.

We found not 1 single fault from check in to check out = 2 very happy relaxed parents.

Highly recommeded hotel, we will be planning our next trip very soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Banbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Okay …. What can I write about this hotel it has a champagne bar!! I mean a CHAMPAGNE bar! It is a lush hotel. Great helpful staff, nice food and there is the champagne bar! If I ever move up north I will be coming to the Grand Central often! I staying here a week with work! And over the last few months I have stated in quite a few places and this is in my top 3! For value, quality and class! I have booked a room for another week later in the year for myself and my other half to come back for site seeing!

Room Tip: must visit the champange bar
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

So accessible. Easy reach of all highlights in Glasgow. 4 nights of bliss. Excellent service in restaurant. Definitely book again. Will arrive by train next time rather than fly. Would have been easier. Great location to access Hope Bar and Restaurant in Waterloo Street.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple