Grand Central Hotel
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$228
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$207
US$390
US$340
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$366
US$294
Agoda.com
US$204
Cancelon
4,323 results
All reviewschampagne bartempus restauranttrain stationchampagne centralgordon streettaxi rankhope streetjunior suitetravelling by trainlovely hotelstreet noiselovely roomstandard rooman overnight stayhaggisstayed for one nightcentre of glasgow
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I booked this Hotel through Laterooms, which included a 2 course dinner, a glass of Champagne & breakfast , we were contacted directly by the hotel and offered a room upgrade, (extra fee) If they were available, and would be informed on our arrival, if this were possible, unfortunately we were duly informed there were no upgrades available as the hotel was fully booked, but as it was our anniversary we were to be given vouchers for a free glass of Champagne, which turned out not to be free, as we had already paid for it as part of our visit!! We later checked online to find there were rooms available so cannot understand and disappointed receptions refusal.
Our room was nice, but next to a large extractor fan, which meant you had to keep the window closed and even then sleeping was very difficult, and my wife complained she was woken by the noise during the night, for a 4 star hotel this really isn't good enough, and to add insult to injury the Wi-Fi is only available for 1 hour and then you have to wait for 3 hours before being allowed back on shocking for a so called business friendly hotel, and finally the food in the Tempest restaurant is really nice but the portions are extremely small, so in summary if you looking for a Hotel where you can't get any sleep, looking to lose weight, and escape from social media this is the place for you..............for anyone else.....give it a miss!!!!!!

2  Thank Robbie C
Laurie N, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your stay at The Grand Central Hotel.

I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your time with us, and I am sorry if you left the hotel with a negative impression. I will be sure to pass your details on to our Guest Relations manager, who will be in contact with you directly.

Kind Regard

Reviewed 31 August 2014

This hotel has recently been refurbished and is absolutely beautiful inside, the room was great, the staff were friendly and helpful, the location couldn't be better there was just a few things that dampened the experience. The wifi is £7.50 per day which is an absolute joke and giving the price of the rooms you would expect it to be free for guests. The breakfast is £16.50 per person which again is completely over the top I know it would probably be nice food but I just can not justify spending £33 for both my girlfriend and I to have a buffet breakfast. The restaurant was completely booked out so we had to find somewhere else to have dinner, which actually turned out for the best because we were lucky enough to get a deal on our meal. The check out time was noon which was ideal because you can enjoy a lie in and not worry about being rushed out the door. The shower was excellent, massive shower head and adjustable pressure. I did enjoy staying here, even though i have noted some negative things the good definitely outweighed the bad and i would consider staying here again in the future. It is a nice hotel and if you can get a deal for a room jump at the chance because it will be worth it.

1  Thank Mr D
Laurie N, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

I was disappointing to read that you did not fully enjoy your experience with us at the Grand Central Hotel, though I was delighted to read that you would stay with us again.

We have complimentary wi-fi throughout the hotel which is available to our guests, and if breakfast is included with your booking the full buffet is available for £10 per person. Alternatively if you are staying during the week we have our Deli which is open for breakfast from 7.30 if you would prefer something smaller.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Stayed two nights over bank holiday phoned in advance to ask for a twin room this did not happen.
The room was not service on the second day despite asking the maid twice and the reception manager once, eventually towels and tea were deposited in our room at 11.00pm.
On checking out the manager said she would investigate what had gone wrong and contact me by e mail I am still waiting one week later. High price for very poor service

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
2  Thank brian1955_10
Laurie N, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback of your recent stay at the Grand Central.

I was dissapointed to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. it is never our intention for a guest to leave with a negative impression of the hotel, and i am sorry if this is the case.

When booking with a third party travel agent the room type specified is done so on a request basis, when booking directly with the hotel we guarantee the room type. This information is clearly displayed at the time of booking, and I am sorry if you feel it was not made obvious.

With regards to your room not being servied, our maids will not enter a room for servicing only if it displays "Do not Disturb" signage. Again I am sorry if youy did not find this clear, and I will be sure to pass your experiene on to our housekeeping management.

Thanks again for your comments

Reviewed 30 August 2014

I stayed one night mid-week in August 2014 to attend a conference. Staff were friendly and accommodation was everything you need for an overnight stay - toiletries and towels were provided which always saves space in luggage. Albeit this was an excellent city centre location, I did not find it noisy on level 5. I loved Champagne Central with a large selection of cocktails to chose from. I also loved the little "rest areas" along the corridors heading for bedrooms, set out like mini-libraries and lounges. Breakfast was self-service and had plenty of choice. My only negative towards this hotel would be the lack of lighting - some part of the hotel were dimly light.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DavJenScott

Thank you so much for taking the time to pass on your fabulous review of your time at the Grand Central Hotel .

It was a delight to read you enjoyed your stay with us, and I really hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. I you are looking to book again please feel free to contact our reservation steam on 0141 240 3733 for our best availiable rates.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Put up here on a complimentary basis to attend a conference for just one night only . It may not have been my personal choice however the hotel accom was functional and reasonably comfortable . Staff are very good ,helpful and friendly .
Excellent location in Central Glasgow ,so dead easy to get around the tourist spots .
At breakfast they dealt with my GF request well though it may have been because the chef was at the self serve counter .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your recent stay at the Grand Central Hotel.

it was a delight to hear that our hotel surpassed your expectation, and I very much hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

If you are booking to stay please feel free to contact our reservations team on 0141 240 3733 for our best available offers.

Kind Regards