4,517 results
All reviews champagne bar tempus restaurant train station champagne central gordon street taxi rank hope street junior suite lovely hotel street noise lovely room standard room an overnight stay haggis stayed for one night saturday night centre of glasgow
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This was a business visit for a weekend meeting. I was fortunate to have a wonderful room overlooking the Central Station concourse; fascinating to see it all times of the day and night. An excellent shower but no bath. The room was the highlight of the visit. Sadly there were a myriad of small niggly catering issues. Freezing cold plates for hot food in the meeting room; the grumpiest chef ever at Sunday morning breakfast (so very unusual for Glasgow, the rest of the staff were delightful). Hot food was well labelled ‘gluten free, dairy free’ but there was no GF dessert but ice cream was produced and was lovely. Every coffee and tea break, the group ran out of hot water for tea and a member of staff had to be found to bring more. GF options had to be requested at each break until the very last.
The tea at breakfast was frankly awful; produced out of a communal flask, it was so dilute as to be homeopathic with zero flavour. How dare a hotel dictate to me what strength my morning tea is. The tea was generally tasteless. Why don’t hotels take time to select tea that is suitable for their water type? And then train the staff to make tea properly. Take a lesson from Ten Manchester Street, London. Best pot of tea I’ve had outside my home.
Back to the staff, the young man at breakfast brought me two tea bags to add to my homeopathic mix, which improved things greatly. He was quite delightful, with a good sense of humour.
I’ve been for afternoon tea at this place three times and I don’t recollect the tea being awful so attention to detail has slipped.
I highly recommend a visit to the very small but wonderful Champagne Corner; a beautifully decorated room that used to be a kitchen in the very old days.....

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Fredattheflea

Thank you for taking the time to review the service, as it is only through honest feedback from our guests that we can improve our offering. It is obvious from you comments that we fell well short of the standards to which we aspire, and that is disappointined. The points highlighted have been passed to our Executive Chef, Restaurant Manager and Conference and Events Manager to investigate.

I'm pleased to hear that our breakfast waiter was able to add some humour to a disappointment situation.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Grand Central Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Was here for the Debra Ladies lunch and have to say what a fantastic place to party in and stay over.The staff are so friendly and helpful full marks to them all.The room we had was very nice and very clean.This was my second year staying over and would highly recommend the Grand Central to anyone wishing to stay over in Glasgow.And the breakfast was great also plenty of choice for everyone.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Kathryn M

Thank you for such a fantastic review of your recent stay and the Grand Central Hotel, and I'm extremely thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay and also the Debra Ladies Lunch.

I'll be sure to feed your complimentary comments back to our whole team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

From the first moment we entered the hotel the service was fantastic. We arrived very early and asked the front desk if we could leave our bag as wanted to go into the centre to shop the concierge was great no problem also asked if they had heard of the arches food place and although had not heard of it looked it up and told us where to find the location. We were given room 310 great room great bed great night's sleep. The breakfast next morning was great loads of choice all staff we met gave great service will be staying again in the future as enjoyed it that much.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Andrew W

It's terrific to read how impressed you were with your whole experience here at the Grand Central Hotel.

Thank you kindly for also taking the time to compliment our staff and the service they provided, i'll be sure to pass on your comments to the team.

I look foward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Easily the best hotel I’ve stayed at in Glasgow. Huge rooms and about a 1 minute walk from the platforms at Glasgow Central! Breakfast buffet was really nice. We only had one evening meal there and it was very pleasant too. Would not hesitate to recommend it

Stayed: August 2018

Dear c72ad

Thank you for taking the time to share such a complimentary review with the Tripadvisor community!

I'm extremely thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your experience and particularly the helpful attitude of the team here.

I hope to welcome you back to the Grand Central Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

In Glasgow for a conference 13th and 14th. The Grand is a very well located hotel just off the station concourse excellent first impression. Second impression was even better when we were offered help with our bags as soon as we entered the hotel. A rare thing these days! Beautiful reception area, the hotel is a very welcome blast from the past - attention to detail and service. Rooms were light an airy, windows that opened to allow fresh air - no rumbling air con! Heaven! Traffic noise as you'd expect in a city centre but windows have secondary double glazing to block this out. Breakfast - excellent choice, quality ingredients, staff smiling and attentive. Vegetarian selection well above average. Conference dinner was also well above average, plates were hot, staff efficient but discreet. The conference facilities were faultless - beautifully furnished room with plenty of water, pens etc. Refreshments and lunches equally good quality. Beautiful blueberry muffins and brownies at coffee time. An impressive conference package. What stood out above all else however, were the staff who greeted guests with a "good morning" or "hello" and a smile. Happy staff = happy guests which usually means a well-managed establishment. Hospitality is obviously taken very seriously at the Grand Central - other hotels take note!

Stayed: September 2018

Dear Welshweekender

Thank you for such a fantastic review of your recent stay at the Grand Central Hotel, and I'm extremely thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your experience.

I will be sure to pass your comments onto everyone as they enjoy reading all our feedback.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel on a future trip to Glasgow.