“overnight stay”
Review of Rab Ha's Hotel

Rab Ha's Hotel
Ranked #79 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stayed for 1 night after concert at Hampden. Good central location, handy for train and bus stations. Shared twin room with mum. Room was basic but clean. Beds comfortable and we both had a good nights sleep. Check in is easy, we just picked up our keys from bar below and the most friendly lady showed us to our room. Breakfast was just as relaxed with juice, cereal, toast, pastries on offer and coffee or tea served in friendly manner. I would certainly come back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Let's be clear. Rab Ha's is a Bar/Restaurant. It has 4 rooms upstairs which are utilised as a Hotel. I state this as its not a Hotel with a bar (emphasising the difference!). This however should not put you off considering. The location is perfect for all that Glasgow has to offer, being 200 meters from George Square. Its location in Merchant City part of town means access to an abundance of nightlife with good pubs, clubs and restaurants all close by.
It is above a bar so some noise can be expected (but it is Glasgow and it ois in a busy part of town).
The room was spacious and clean and I'd certainly consider using again in future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Booked a room to stay on New Years eve as we were attending the fantastic Sloans ceildh. We got the room for a very reasonable £65.
The room was small but modernly furnished but a little bit cramped. The bathroom had a broken tile and the shower was lukewarm. We had lunch in the bar after checking in and unfortunately a lot of the stuff on the menu was not available due to a delivery not received, however what food they did have was below par. I had the macaroni and it was watery and tasteless. The breakfast is contential and served in the bar but the toaster was broken and could only do one slice..very shabby.
The hotel is in a great location in the heart of the Merchant City but there are better hotels in the area including the great value for money Fraser Suites. Its a pity because Rab Ha's used to be really good but has went downhill over the last few years, the only thing going for it is the friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thechezzza
Reviewed 27 March 2013

The rooms from what I hear are fantastic, however I would recommend only using this place as a launch pad for Glasgow, the bar and so called "Restaurant" are far from the standards a few years ago. Very disappointing now, especially given the competition in the area, spend your money elsewhere!!

3  Thank Kev P
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Near from the bus and railway stations, this hotel is a very good choice for one (or more) night(s) stand. Not only because of its excellent location (three blocks from the Merchants Market and just nice 15 minutes walk from Glasgow Cathedral and Necropolis) but also for the good pub downstairs. Although, at night, the pub was always crowded with people, the noise didn't disturb me or my wife (of course, we joined to the crowd to have some pints). Unfortunately, the hotel have not lifts, so be prepared to climb the stairs with your bags. But the attentive hotel staff always offers to help you. And don't believe them when they tell you that the continental breakfast is simple. It is not, its above average.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed for one night on Saturday. Arrived at 2pm and the bar staff advised our room would be ready in 20 minutes. They offered us a complimentary drink or coffee in the bar. Our room was the deluxe double and it was terrific, very spacious and modern with TV and an Ipod docking station. The staff were very friendly and professional. Our only worry was it might be a bit noisy as the rooms are above the pub. Glad to say we didn't hear a thing either during the evening orat closing time. we had continental breakfast in the bar, again the staff were friendly and professional. The breakfast had fruit juices, cereal croissants, toast tea or coffee. Sunday newspapers were available. Stayed in many City Centre Hotels, but this was the best value and the location is handy for lots of good restaurants and bars. Will definately return

Reviewed 3 February 2013

My partner and I had an absolutely lovely stay here at Rab Ha's. We were visiting Glasgow for a 2 night break, and the location was brilliant. The Concert Halls are literally around the corner, and there are more bars and restaurants than you can shake a stick at. So first things first: when staying here - be realistic! It's not a quiet country retreat. It's a wee city centre hotel, above a bar. Yes, on both nights we were a little disturbed by noises from the street, and our stay crossed Thursday and Friday night - not the terrors of Saturday! So I couldn't, in all honesty, recommend Rab Ha's for a peaceful stay. Nor would I call it luxury accommodation. What it is, is simple, cosy, comfortable accommodation in a central location, with truly excellent staff.
What we got - for a very reasonable sum - was a small but well presented double room, with stylish fittings and a comfortable king size double bed. Bottled water, tea and coffee were the only drink supplies - but there was a choice of still or sparkling water, and the bathroom had lovely wee shampoos and bath gels.
I think the thing that makes this place a cut above the rest is the friendliness and willingness to please of the staff. My partner, unfortunately, had a terrible sore throat and a cough - so after coming in for the night, I went to the bustling downstairs bar and asked if there was any chance of a hot toddy. Of course there was, said the woman serving, with a smile - and offered to bring it up to the room. I had been prepared to carry it up myself, knowing how busy they were downstairs, but she assured me it was no problem. Back in the room, a knock at the door presented ... no hot toddy, just a deeply apologetic bar lady saying she was so, so sorry ... they had no cloves. Cloves?? I burst out laughing and said honey, lemon and a tot of whisky was just fine (and a second tot of whisky wouldn't go amiss for me, too!) She went away, and a little while later there was another knock. On opening the door, we were presented with two members of staff, one bearing a tray with my whisky and a wee jug of water - and the other carrying a tall glass of hot whisky, lemon and honey. And they'd found cloves! And a cinnamon stick! It was delicious and my partner was delighted.
Next morning, at breakfast, we were further chuffed that they'd provided gluten free bread for my coeliac partner. Breakfast is in keeping with the rest of the hotel - simple continental in style, but with some extra touches that made it lovely, such as chocolate brioche and bagels. And they brought me cream cheese from the kitchen when I asked for it, too. Yet more customer service to be proud of!
This is a noisy part of town to stay in, and there's nothing Rab Ha's can do about that - but what it can, and does, do, is provide a cosy little haven in which to base yourself while you explore all Glasgow has to offer. We'll be back!

1  Thank Isra L