“Exceedingly good treats for spoiling yourselves”

Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens
Ranked #16 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is a special place, so save it for special occasions, and enjoy the lap of luxury, right in the fashionable West end of Glasgow. Food, wine, rooms, are all exquisite and the staff are friendly, efficient and discreet

Room Tip: every one is a winner i'm sure!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shinafoot
Write a ReviewReviews (1,484)

Reviewed 18 February 2012

My husband treated me to a stay here for Valentines Weekend. We were going to Strictly Come Dancing show (which was amazzinggg too by the way - cheesy but fab). So he thought we should go all out and have a night away as well. I can't describe how much of a treat it was but I'll try!!. We got a free room upgrade so our room was just gorgeous and huge and the bed enormous. It had a lovely roll top bath sitting on a raised floor next to the huge decandently dressed windows. The shower was enormous and was like a tropical rain storm when you stood under it. There was a lovely nespresso machine for proper expressos in your room. We couldn't have asked for a better room. We didn't want to leave.
The breakfast was also excellent. My scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and cavier was so lovely and my husband went on about his sausages in his cooked breaksfast all day.
The waiter even remembered us from when we were in at Christmas time for lunch and what we had had for lunch!!! That was so funny and heart warming.
Drinks at the bar were also lovely, staff really lovely but as you can imagine drinks not cheap.
OK one thing you cannot deny is that it is expensive (although we did get a very good room rate after some negotiation) but it is sooooooooooo worth it. It is so sumptious, decadent, everything you would expect from the famous One Devonshire. If you really want to treat yourself and feel special then this is the place to go!!!

Room Tip: I imagine all the rooms are fabby
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The mister and I have been here a few times to stay (mainly cause I can get a cheeky discount with business contacts) but each time we stay its like a different experience and a great one at that. From the cheery smile by the kilted or tartan troosered conceirge, to the warmth of reception and the excitement of being ushered up the stairs to see what room (or suite) you are in!

The rooms (and I have seen each grade of room) range from uber lovely to uber glam! All of a generous size whatever your budget from a comfortable king to a gorgeous four poster with a bath...in the room!! You just sink into the crisp plushness of the duvet and pillows...plus the massive style showers and double sinks are a nice touch.

Service is attentive but discreet without getting in your personal space. Drinks are expensive (par for the course for 5 star hotels I suppose) but as we look upon any visit as a treat to ourselves whether for a birthday or anniversary - we budget for it, plus we like to raid the generously stocked mini bar although we've drawn the line at the decadent half bottle of champers (even though I've looked at it longingly - I did resist!).

The dinners and breakfasts are just amazing - food cooked to perfection whatever you request if you are a little fussy like me. I have yet to come for afternoon tea - thats next on the list but I've heard great word of mouth.

If you are looking for private dining, I can highly recommend it - I organised the office xmas lunch last December and we were treated like royality and even though there were over 40 of us - the food again was delicious and piping hot - not one complaint from fellow colleagues.

Just writing about the hotel makes me listless and I want to book up again - soon!!!

P.S. the location is spot on if you want to go bar hopping, mad shopping or being a culture vulture for the day - the west end has it all!

Enjoy!

Room Tip: The higher up the stairs you walk - the better the room! It can be a bit of a climb (after a few bev...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dollydebs
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My memories of staying here are indelible, it was that good. The ambiance, the decor, the food at the hotel restaurant all exceeded my expectations. I hope to go back sometime soon. And if you are going to be in Glasgow, it is someplace you should consider.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bagpipe
Reviewed 14 February 2012

This hotel is the most amazing hotel I have stayed in, thus far. The entire staff were warm and welcoming, and treated us like royalty. And the rooms were gorgeous. The walls were covered in an incredible red patterned wallpaper (that I've seen copied in a video game) and the bathrooms were all covered in black tile. Everything was spotless and luxurious. Huge bathtub and shower, super comfortable bed. The restaurant was also fantastic. There were four of us and we each had something different. It was all delicious. I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ChloeVanderhaven
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We have just returned from the most wonderful weekend at Hotel Du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens. From the moment we booked until the final point of the Concierge loading our bags into the taxi to the airport, everything was sheer perfection.
The hotel is a series of traditional town houses which have been joined together to form a seamless transition to a luxury hotel. As you wander through the individual corridors you are greeted by friendly staff whose only aim is to exceed customer satisfaction.
Upon arrival, we were greeted by the Reception manager who guided us to some comfortable arm chairs in the adjacent lounge to complete the normal registration process. No standing at impersonal reception desks, it was all done one to one.
Our porter was assigned to guide us to our room (more later) and we were dutifully shown to our Duplex suites.
Having stayed in some of the best hotels in the United Kingdom and abroad, I can honestly say that these suites take a lot to be surpassed. The upper level comprises of a large bedroom with a seating area duly furnished with beautiful sofas and every convenienience you could ask for including a fantastic BOSE sound system.
The individual coffee machine and well stocked mini bar is replenished twice daily.
A roll top bath adds great atmosphere to the room for those wishing to bathe beside an open fireplace close to their four poster bed!
I however, was even more impressed by the main bathroom on the lower level of the suite with its double waterfall shower and the most generously sized toileteries ever.

I ramble on.

Dinner was superb. Try the Chateau Briand.
Breakfast was Majestic and is served until 11am (although we were still there at 11.40!)

Try the wine tasting experience in the hotels cellar. Marc is a true genius in understanding people and wine. He will go very far.

This is not a hotel for people looking to stay or dine on a tight budget.
But if you wish to impress your loved one or clients or simply yourself, you will not be disappointed.

We are planning to return very soon.

Thanks you to everyone involved and in particular Marc.

Room Tip: Duplex Suite all the way.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Peter190378
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Attended for friends wedding, stayed 4 nights. Customer service from all employees was first class with the exception of one lady on the 3rd days breakfast. As there were many people in the wedding party, we were able to have a sneaky look at most of the rooms. The attic rooms we were provided were of a lower standard, and were newer so were less traditional. The bathrooms were great though (heated floors, nice shower, big bath - though I didnt have time to try it out), even if more modern than the other rooms. The back attic room I was in was big enough for the purpose and was cleaned well. There is no turn down service, but I dont usually like this service, so made a nice change. The coffee machines were easy to use and the coffee was excellent. My main issues were that there were not enough well positioned sockets near the mirror, and despite a number of light options, the room was a little on the dark side. Comfy beds, warm rooms. Concern was that we locked the windows but housekeeping had left them unlocked after cleaning the room, and this was an issue as there was easy access with the scaffolding at the back to repair the damaged roof after previous storms. Be wary on arrival, if offered tea and coffee, this is not complimentary and will be charged to your room - a small niggle that annoyed me on check out, since we were offered a drink on arrival a checkin and these are usually complimentary. Bar staff were excellent and more than willing to assist.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor attic rooms are smaller, and not as traditional or spectacular as the rooms on the 1st...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends