“The best place to stay in Glasgow!”

Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens
Ranked #14 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“The best place to stay in Glasgow!”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Just came back from a night's stay at this beautiful hotel, and I want to go back already...
I got a great deal and surprised my boyfriend for the night. I was slightly apprehensive that it wouldn't live up to the hype, but this hotel is AMAZING. The bedrooms are absolutely beautiful, as are the bathrooms... there are lots of little touches that make you feel like a VIP!
The staff were incredibly helpful - nothing was too much trouble for them.
Will definitely be staying here again when I'm next in Glasgow. Worth every penny!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Had a very lovely overnight stay in The Willi Opitz room,which was beautiful, some traffic noise from Great Western Rd but not obtrusive at all needed a window open as room was quite warm.Staff were all very friendly and efficient especially Jamie who was very knowledgable about the building and Fiona who very swiftly dealt with a group of noisy kids.Food was amazing, service excellent,dining room lighting was a little dim for those of us who are visually challanged.Breakfast was also pretty amazing.Pricey but worth it especially if you can get a cheeky wee deal

1 Thank Dumbartondweller
UK
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This is a gorgeous old building, in typical Hotel Du Vin style with a glamorous bar and numerous comfortable areas for lounging around and relaxing. My room was great as was the bathroom.

I stayed one night and the 2 friends who joined me for dinner agreed that the food was fabulous, (foie gras, duck, ravioli, to mention a few dishes) as was the service. From the moment I arrived nothing was too much trouble - from booking cabs to giving advice about the city to bringing me a bacon sandwich in my room in the morning, all was calm, professional and friendly.

I'd recommend this hotel and I thank its staff for being so attentive and making my stay so pleasant.

One other customer deserves a mention though. We were the last party in one of the restaurant areas (it was 10.15pm) and he came through twice, from an ajoining area of the restaurant, and scolded us - we were 3 women - for laughing, saying he thought we should go to our room if we wanted to laugh. We weren't being rude, we weren't swearing, we were just laughing. It's a first for me, being told off for laughing. And as we were in Glasgow for a funeral it was that or cry really. I left him a note apologising so I hope he read it and was ashamed of himself.

Life really is too short for needless drama of that kind but if you're going to Glasgow, stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
minneapolis, mn
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Excellent location; terrific staff; comfortable rooms. Five brownstones converted into a comfortable well-located hotel, with a very attentive and enthusiastic staff. Hotel is within walking distance of hip neighborhood and city center.

St Andrews
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The staff at this hotel leave nothing to chance. The attention to detail is second to none. The rooms are fantastic. The restaurant is superb. A special mention to David, the concierge, he was brilliant, helpful, knowledgeable and very friendly in a down to earth sort of way.

Room Tip: Corner room was large and very light.
Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2012

What a place! Just returned home after my sisters Wedding reception at the Hotel. We had 19 children in our party and I will be honest I was a bit scared that it would be a nightmare at such a beautiful hotel!! However, I was surprised at how relaxed and helpful the staff were with no hint that the mess made with the wedding cupcakes was a problem for them LOL! The food was amazing and accomodation outstanding!! My only negative would be that the drinks from the bar were overpriced, however this was no surprise.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie B
Glasgow
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Just back from my cousins wedding reception. Congratulations Mr&Mrs McCormick, bride was beautiful. We stayed the night at the hotel and were greeting with friendly staff. Our room was outstanding even had a tv in the bathroom! The wedding reception was fab and the dinner was to die for. I can honestly say it was the nicest meal i have ever had. The chicken and potatoes were so so tasty? The only downfall was how expensive the bar was but still had a great night. In the morning we had a range of cereals and fruit and also got a massive cooked breakfast with coffee and toast. I would highly recommend the hotel and me and my husband are all ready looking into booking a night in the near future.