“So special, again.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Jock in Brum
“So special, again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had a three night break in this wonderful hotel, staying in their Domaine Georges Vernay suite.

While the bedroom was smaller than the other Grand Duplex (The Vetriano) we have stayed in, it has the most elegant conservatory sitting room with its own massive tv and three piece suite. Leading off from the conservatory is a small private terrace, perfect for smokers.

We travel a lot and struggle with the second rate service that seems to be the norm in many venues. This palce is like a breath of fresh air, and the quality of staff perfectly compliments the elegant, historic setting. David, the concierge, is worth his weight in gold and can be relied on to find a table or recommend an activity. Day or night there is always someone at hand to meet your needs: an extra bucket of ice, more drinks, a room service meal, or clean up after a spill.

The room service menu here is first rate and on the first evening, after a long trip, we snuggled up in the conservatory and indulged our gourmand tendancies. The smoked chickpea soup was yummy, a meal on its own, served with home made bread and creamy soft butter.

We will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jart_7
1DGManager, General Manager at Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments, delightful to read & I will pass on to all the team, particularly David, who is indeed worth his weight in gold & appreciated by us all, a delight to work with & a credit to Hotel du Vin Glasgow.

Fantastic to hear that you will be back to enjoy all the hotel & Glasgow has to offer, greatly value your comments & taking the time to praise the food & service in particular.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the layout & facilities in Domaine Georges Vernay. We have many more unique rooms for you to enjoy & look forward to looking after you again, hopefully very soon.

Kind regards,

Craig Paton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

My husband & I chose Hotel du Vin @ One Devonshire Gardens as our wedding venue and couldn't be happier with our choice. The day ran smoothly from start to finish & the staff were great. They were always there if needed but were almost invisible as you didn't even notice they were in the room! All our guests raved about the food served from canapés to the main meal & the buffet at night. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to have their wedding in Glasgow or even just to check it out for a night away. Absolutely perfect!

Stayed April 2014
Congratulations & thank you for choosing One Devonshire Gardens for your wedding day!

The whole team are delighted that all was perfect for you and your guests, it's what we love to do and thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

We all look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully on your anniversary or sooner.

Kind regards,

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My new husband and myself stayed here recently on our honeymoon and both agreed it was the best hotel that we stayed at. The staff were so helpful and genuine, freely giving us many tips on the Glasgow area. We stayed in the Willi Ospritz room and were in heaven. The bath tub was awesome and the room was super comfortable. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to stay with their sister hotel in Edinburgh also.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Congratulations on your recent wedding!

Thank you for your fantastic comments about your stay with us & all the team at the hotel, very much appreciated.

We all look forward to welcoming you back!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have stayed at Hotel Du Vin in Glasgow three times now. The last room I stayed in was the Botham Merrill Willis room, gorgeous and lush, dark purples all around but my favourite room was the Tattinger room, i loved it's darkness, it is a lovely black and blue room with gorgeous, black and blue damask wallpaper. The bathrooms are black tiled and wallpaper with free standing baths and the bar/lounge is lovely and intimate and yes...dark lol just to my taste...i love it :) The staff are very friendly and helpful and as a vegan I can even eat there..the vegan mushroom tagliatelle is lovely, so good I could do with more on my plate :P

Room Tip: Well I love the darker rooms so the Tattinger room is lovely for me as is Botham Merrill Willis. If...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GlasgowPolroger, General Manager at Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Thank you for your lovely review.

Delighted that you have enjoyed staying in so many of our individual rooms & the dark colour schemes. Many more wonderful rooms for you to sample which I am sure you will enjoy & we look forward to welcoming you back to One Devonshire Gardens.

I will also pass on your comments about the service to all the team, it's fantastic to be appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to comment & we will hopefully see you soon!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was here for a wedding a couple of weeks ago.
I live outside of Glasgow and have not known much about this place before the wedding.
Everyone I spoke to had commented so highly I probably think my expectations were set too high.
There was too many people for the venue (it could have been the bride and groom over inviting) and most people were hanging about in the hallway as the bar area was packed and really hot.
The toilets could do with a wee overhaul... They were clean but not reflective of this venues caliber.
Drinks were over priced.
Staff were friendly.
Building itself is lovely and interesting.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review.

I am glad that you enjoyed the character of the hotel and the wedding day.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the service you received and we will continue to improve the facilities at the hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back.

Warm regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Hotel du Vin, in my opinion is the best hotel in Glasgow. The rooms are very comfortable. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this wonderful boutique hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joanna M
ODGManager, General Manager at Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for you fantastic review; I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay!

I hope to see you back at the hotel very soon.

Marianne
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is a lovely boutique hotel in a about 10 minutes walk away from the West End area of Glasgow. The hotel itself is beautiful with grand staircases and wood panelling. We stayed in Taittinger which although well appointed was a little too dark for our liking due to dark walls, carpets and bedding resulting in us having the lights on at all times. The quality of TV, sound system, coffee machine etc was impressive. The room was a little tired with faded curtains and scuffed woodwork, very nice but just a little disappointing -perhaps my expectations were too high!. The bathroom however was beautiful with a deep roll top bath, fabulous monsoon shower and wonderfully soft towels. The hotel was exceptionally clean and the staff attentive and very friendly. Breakfast was great with a good selection, all well cooked and presented.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your lovely review; I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and we'll take on board your comments about the room being tired.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Marianne