If you fancy a 19th century luxury home away from home, look no further. Huge rooms with high seelings. Wall to wall carpeting, wodden panels, a bathroom the size of a room in lesser hotels and wodden panels make this a very cozy hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I did not try the bistro except for breakfast, but the bar has big sofas and chairs to relax in. I can highly recommend the hotel, I stayed in room Madfish and I only saw one other room, which also was as nice.
You need to be aware of a few things, to make sure they do not bother you:
- The hotel is in a fancy recidential area, so there is little else there. However a taxi to the crnter is quick and cheap.
- It is a lot of corridors and stairs, I did not see an elevator.
- At least my room had no airconditioning or even a vent, so you will need to keep a window open slightly. If your room is to the street tge isolation is not terribly good, so you will get some noice even with the windows closed. The thick velvet drapes take care of most of the noise, but not all.
- the breakfast buffet is quite small, but they do have a wide selection of delicious cooked dishes. The prices are quite high, so if you enjoy eating a big breakfast, make sure you get a tate were it is included.
All this said, I will most certainly stay here again on my next visit to Glasgow.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Du Vin At 1 Devonshire Gardens
- One Devonshire Gardens
- Devonshire Garden One
- Hotel Du Vin At One Devonshire Gardens Glasgow, Scotland