“Food superb”

Ranked #14 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Food superb”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Had a champagne lunch at this hotel and wow. This was a deal through 5pm. com and the service and food was second to none. I am delighted that absolutely no discrimination was made towards us having booked a deal. This is the way it should be. The presentation, quality, flavours was superb and very much fine dining but after 4 courses I was extremely satisfied.I could find no fault with this hotel and it's restaurant. The staff were very welcoming, pleasant and couldn't do enough for you. I will be back and would truly recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1DGManager, General Manager at Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for your recent review and lovely comments about the staff and your dining experience. The restaurant team work hard to make sure that everyone enjoys the atmosphere and experience of being at One Devonshire Gardens. We offer different promotions at various points throughout the year so sign up via our website if you enjoyed this offer and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Craig Paton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here for 1 night during the Commonwealth games and so paid a huge price. We had a lovely time and would stay again at 'normal' rates if we were in Glasgow. Service from the staff is outstanding from the point of arrival to our departure. Our room was a decent enough size and very comfortable. Lovely bar for pre-dinner drinks. Good food in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. The hotel has a lovely atmosphere, peaceful, great buildings, staircases, staff there to help. An excellent hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to place your recent comments about the hotel and stay in Glasgow. The Games were a wonderful experience and I am very pleased that you enjoyed so much about the hotel during your stay, particularly the service from various teams who looked after you. I will feedback to all those involved and we hope that you choose to stay with us again when you next visit Glasgow.

Aberdeen,
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have no idea why it's taken me so long to write a review on what was one of the most special days of my life, but I guess time has flown by and I now find myself nearly four years married!

As soon as I walked into 1DG I knew this was THE VENUE for our wedding. We wanted something pretty and stylish, but also somewhere cozy and homely, 1DV ticks all those boxes. From the support I was given from the events team, to the suggestions of where to order my flowers and the flawless service and amazing food on the day, I could not fault this hotel or any of the staff.

We booked out the whole townhouse, which felt like our own private home for the weekend. Most of our family stayed here, with others in hotels a few minutes away. Everything ran smoothly during our wedding weekend, and even when half of our guests could not make it home to Aberdeen the next day because of the crazy snow storm that shut the M8 and A90, the concierge rebooked our guests into new rooms, and gave us a new suite to stay in, when we couldn't get to our mini-moon break at Cameron House due to the weather either. Sitting by the roaring fire with a cup of hot chocolate the day after our wedding, with nearly half of our guests with us, was quite an adventure, made even more exciting when Robbie Coltrane, Jack Verttriano and John Hannah all walked in looking for rooms because Glasgow airport had shut.

We have been back a few times since our wedding day, and every time we return it feels like home. I'm sure lots of the staff will have moved on since our wedding day in November 2010, but the service remains as excellent as ever. Without a doubt our most special place in Glasgow, and a fantastic hotel with fantastic staff.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank G-zer
Thank you for your recent review. I am simply delighted that you have such fond & wonderful memories of your wedding at One Devonshire Gardens. Hopefully you will consider staying with us for an anniversary and we can welcome you both back.

glasgow
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Lovely hotel and beautiful rooms....we stayed in the Feudi. The hotel is perfect for a romantic night away. The hotel staff were very helpful, especially the older man in Concierge. We had lunch in the restaurant and it was faultless and then some drinks on the terrace, again faultless. We then had massages from the hotel therapist, she isn't based at the hotel and we hadn't booked but reception kindly gave her a call and she came in an hour later! I can't remember the ladies name unfortunately but she was such a lovely person and a very good masseuse. The hotel have tried their best to provide Spa facilities which is hard with the style of building but they've done well. At night, we went into the West End because there was no atmosphere in the hotel which is unfortunate but the location of the hotel allows you to easily venture elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LittleMissAnonymous
1DGManager, General Manager at Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us and placing your recent review.

I am glad that you enjoyed some summer sun in Glasgow and drinks on our terrace, which has just recently been updated and the work will continue in various other areas of the hotel.

I will pass on your lovely comments to David, Head Concierge and Susan, who organised your treatment therapy. Susan is a fantastic therapist who offers a full range of treatments at the hotel and information is in all of our rooms and can be organised by our reception team.

Thank you for all your comments which I will share with the teams and we look forward to welcoming you back to One Devonshire Gardens, very soon.

Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Booked for 2 nights when visiting the Commonwealth Games. Of course all prices had doubled for the games but what an excellent hotel this is. From the welcome accompanied by a "wee dram" to a first class dinner, a beautiful room and a really good breakfast accompanied by the friendliest most caring staff you could ever wish for. The hotel is lovely, 5 town houses all joined together. As this is a wine group all rooms have wine based names, we stayed in "Veuve Cliquot" The hotel is situated near the fashionable west end area and I would highly recommend it for a short break. We will certainly return.

All in all

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent review when you stayed with us during the Commonwealth Games.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much during this unique time for Glasgow and the efforts of all our teams really made the difference to your experience.

Your comments about the most caring staff you could ever wish for are very much appreciated as that is exactly what everyone in the hotel wants to achieve for our guests, every day. For you to have enjoyed the warmth of our staff and first class dining is a great testament to the team of people I have working with me.

Thank you and we all look forward to you returning.

Maybole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Booked tickets to go and see Alison Moyet at the Kelvingrove some time ago then thought why not treat ourselves to a night away too! With only a little time before we went to the concert we popped into the bar for a snack - Jane's starter of poached egg on black pudding was amazing and my gravalax was superb. Both the steak and club sandwiches that followed were terrific. Service ten out of ten, food ten out of ten and excellent wines as well. You get what you pay for here - go on treat yourselves.....

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MayboleAl
1DGManager, General Manager at Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and your treat away in Glasgow.

I will thank the restaurant and kitchen teams for your ten out of ten rating, fantastic.

Thank you for taking the time to place your review and choosing to stay and dine with us at One Devonshire Gardens.

Treat yourself soon and contact us to make sure your next stay is even more enjoyable.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have travelled extensively all over the globe both for work and pleasure, this quaint hotel is very much one of my favorites. Excellent staff - with their ready smile they make you feel at home. Rooms are luxurious ( I love the spacious bathrooms too!) and great menu both for breakfast and dinner. Oh, the bartender makes the best Bloody Mary! Can't imagine choosing any other hotel in Glasgow.

Room Tip: Been going there since 1991, never had a below standard room.