Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens
US$181
US$159
Priceline
1,531 results
All reviewsfour poster bedroll top bathwhisky roombose sound systemstained glass windowsmonsoon showerwest endnespresso machinedeep bathclassic roomluxury hotelbeautiful hotelgreat western roadhuge bathroombeautiful roombyres roadbirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2010

We had wanted to stay in this hotel for a number of years but its just not central enough for our normal needs. However we had a function in the West End so booked this accommodation through Laterooms (and were very surprised that Reception gave us a complimentary room upgrade at checkin). As it happens the function was cancelled so we decided to stay in and try the restaurant - and so glad we did! The chateaubriand was outstanding. The somelier recommended a good (but not extravagantly priced) bottle of wine to compliment it.
Our room was stunning - dark brown/metallic greens, with smalling dressing area and large bath. Complimentary toiletries were good sized bottles of Arran Aromatics, rather than tiny one-use miniatures.
We didnt have breakfast as we were still full from dinner.
Would thoroughy recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2010

I dont normally write reviews but myself and my husband have been staying in this hotel since our wedding in 2006. I have stayed in all room types from standard room, to suite to the penthouse for New Year last year and we are back again this year for Christmas. I have stayed in The Berkeley (London), The Atlantis the Palm (Dubai), Plaza Athenee (Paris) and I have still to find a hotel that does a better breakfast than 1 Devonshire Gardens. I cant wait until Christmas this year - and I hope that you all have a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2010

I booked 2 nights in One Devonshire Gardens as a surprise early anniversary getaway for us before our baby was due.

Jo Cork helped me select the right grade of room and one that would provide the hard sought wow factor for my husband. Every aspect of our stay impressed him from the modern sumptuous decor and the beautiful meal to the staff which were attentive and efficient without obtrusion. We wouldn't hesitate to book a suite in the future and look forward to seeing what amazing room we are put in next time.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel last week for 3 nights...
From the moment we walked into the hotel our stay was fantastic, the check in was fast and efficient, we were helped with our luggage, shown round our room.

Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed was lovely and comfy. I only booked the room up from the standard room, it had the monsoon shower and deep marble surround bath, big comfy chairs by the window - for the money it was lovely.

We stayed on a b&b basis - the breakfast was delicious, lots of fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereals, pastries the usual - you help yourself to all that and then also have the option of ordering something hot...
The cooked breakfast menu is also really good, plenty of choice. My only complaint is that the cooked breakfast did seem to take a long time to arrive, I waited about 20 minutes for an omlette. Apart from that it was lovely.

We only ate lunch in the hotel on one day, we ate that in the bar area - it was delicious, the service was good and good value money.

The location of the hotel is good, its a 5-10 minute ride into the centre of Glasgow, but I preferred it that way as it meant that you could have the window open in your room at night and not be disturbed by city noise. It was really peaceful.

Overall our stay was wonderful, very relaxing hotel, with excellent service. We loved sitting in the whiskey snug or the bar at night, the open fires and all the candles really set the mood.

I recommend going to the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum - that was really good!

Also there is a little cafe about a ten minute walk from the hotel called Jelly Hil, we went there one afternoon when walking back from the museum - really nice little place, nice cakes and coffee.

Also recommend a Japanese restaurant called Wudon in the West End- fantastic food, lovely friendly little place!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2010

Overall an enjoyable stay and the service was generally very good. Most of the rooms are contemporary, but our room was in the "traditional" part of the hotel. It was huge and very nice. The large bed and the beautiful bathroom were fantastic.

My overall impression of the "traditional" areas of the hotel is that they are showing some minor signs of wear and tear; worn carpet on the stairs, minor damage to door furniture etc. While that wouldn't be a major problem in the 2 or 3 star segment it’s definitely an issue in an expensive 5 star hotel.

The menu and the quality of the food in the hotel Bistro were disappointing, although I must say that the wine we ordered was excellent. There were no vegetarian starters on the menu, which was a problem for my partner, and my steak was like shoe leather.

All the ingredients of an excellent luxury hotel are here. However, the management need to attend to the details to make sure that they are always delivered to the highest standard if the hotel’s reputation is to be maintained.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple