Malmaison Hotel
  • Pool
ABode Glasgow(Glasgow)
  • Room Service
1,587 results
All reviewshonours restaurantbig yinduplex suitechateaubriandmini barcity centreq parkstandard roomlovely hotelreception staffclub roomrestaurant staffcooked breakfasta great nights sleeplovely roomstreet noiseovernight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 November 2011

This hotel was fantastic. We were on a shopping weekend but only stayed on the Saturday night. The staff were fantastic couldn't do enough to help you. The room was comfortable and quiet for being in a busy city. We has a thia green curry in our room late on after very sucessful shopping it was delicious. The breakfast was one of the best we have ever had in a hotel cooked fresh and plenty of choice we had cereal toast piping hot coffee and tea 3 of us had eggs benadict which was amazing and 1 of us had waffles with bacon and maple syrup to die for. They also have quirky coments on almost everything which was very amusing like instead of do not disturb it was i want to be on my own and even the room key has Stick with me and i'll open doors for you. Will definately be back and would recommend this hotel to everyone FAB!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Stayed here for the Scottish cup final 2011 and this is a brilliant hotel. Great location to the station and city centre. Staff brilliant and very friendly, rooms spotless and food great. Loved it and would recommend highly.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I stayed here for one night and booked this last minute. I booked the Glasgow Mal as itis in a good location and suited where we were going that night. I have eaten before and had drinks in the champagne bar so thought it would be a good choice.

The problem with this hotel is that 10 years ago this was the boutique hotel in Glasgow however a number of other hotels have now arrived and the Mal I believe is living on past reputation. The rooms were okay nothing special and in need of a revamp along with the bathroom. Even the champagne bar and brasserie are in need of an up to date revamp. The drinks are more expensive here than the 5 star blythswood across the square and not in the same league regarding surroundings and service. The breakfast was also average nothing special.

I believe there are better deals to be done in Glasgow especially when you can have a room across at the Blythswood for an extra £20. Okay for an overnight but would try somewhere different when next staying in the city centre.

Room Tip: try and get a free upgrade
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Used the hotel for an overnight stay.

Location is reasonable for the city centre but no car park so you have to park on the street or use a multi story which is quite a distance away.

The decor is dark which can make it a little gloomy but the rooms are a reasonable size and well equipped.

The bar is pleasant and the breakfast is good.

Overall the place is beginning to look a little tired and is not cheap.

A reasonable hotel but it has tough competition in town.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Good location, well decorated. I have stayed in a few hotels this year for business, weddings and shopping trips. Sadly this is the only one I probably wouldn't go back to unless it came at a very cut down price.

The room itself was pleasant enough, very clean, including everything you could possibly want. The bath and shower were very relaxing and the toiliteries provided were spot on. The size of the room however was way too small, this is the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in, I also didn;t like that the bathroom was right at the side of the bed (that might be me just being fussy, it just didn't seem like it was in the right place and I'm glad my partner doesn;t make any nasty smells in the bathroom) Perhaps the size of these rooms os average for Glasgow, this was my first trip to Glasgow. The room was way too hot it felt like the heating had been on the highest setting for days, when we entered I did think we were goign to have to request to move rooms but there was a fan in the room and this made it much more bearable, we left this on constantly including overnight.

Very comfy bed, could have enjoyed in more though it it wasn't so warm (I love snuggling under the duvet)

The staff were extremely pleasant and polite, the gave us a map of Glasgow and advised us on where to go shopping. They also allowed us to check in before twelve as we arrived early and I had rang to see if we could leave our bags there before we could check in a 2. When we arrived they said they had a spare room and we could check in early. This was great as we had been travelling since half five in the morning so was much appreciated.

We didn't eat here as it was our first time in Glasgow and we wanted to visit as many different places as possible. The bar area did look very nice though, as did the whole hotel

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple