“Fantastic”
Review of Malmaison Hotel

Malmaison Hotel
Ranked #38 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Stayed in the duplex suite and was impressed with the quality. The bed was comfortable, there was plenty of space in the room and everything was clean and tidy. The service from the staff was also first class. Will be revisiting!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed one night at the Malmaison in Glasgow. It is an excellent option in town if you can secure a good deal (we payed £69 without breakfast). It is close to the centre and the breakfast was good. The room was also nice. The staff is very friendly and efficient.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank new_world_travellers
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Booked two rooms, a standard and a superior. Both rooms were booked at a discounted rate and were well worth the money. The rooms were both very well appointed and comfortable. The superior room had one of the largest beds i have seen! The beds were very comfortable, with both room occupants having great nights sleep. The hotel was quiet with minimal guest or road noise. We will certainly be looking at booking malmaison rooms in the future. Perfect location near to sauciehall street.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2013

stayed here for one night room only - got the room for a great price so was delighted.

was on the 3rd floor - a dog and its owner joined us in the lift and when they left, it did leave a reallly strong smell. for me personally, this puts me off as i am not a dog owner.

the room was big enough but really warm. one window latch was loose so couldnt open the door and we had to shut the others at night as there seemed to be boy racers driving round the block several times which kept us awake.

there were a few cobwebs on the ceiling which were noticeable, unfortunately. The bathroom was adequate and toiletries were a great bonus.

overall, it is a good hotel in quite a good location, although some things could be improved. excellent value for money on our trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

As a regular visitor to Glasgow on a weekly basis both on business and pleasure I had to say I was distracted by some on the newer more "up to date" hotels that have joined the city over the last couple of years. My latest trip to the mal has changed my options of what actually makes a hotel! The staff, the atmosphere, the little extras, the attention to detail, the food (and drink of course) all of which blew me away on my last visit. I decided to treat myself and booked a duplex suite, such a fabulous place to chill out, rest and work... I had read previous reviews on the heat issues within the hotel but then was not put off as us scots have been having an unusually hot summer and as a business owner myself I can see that the expense of installing air conditioning to the entire building at once would be extortionate. I believe the hotel is embarking on a step by step plan in the near future so don't be put off by these comments... My only gripe would be there is no car park but its a city centre hotel and offers discount at the nearby Q park. Thanks again mal staff, I will be back!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Citrix31
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed in the "Big Yin" Suite on our wedding night. Was amazing. Suite is huge. Tartan roll top bath and dual shower. Staff were great and very helpful. Even when ordering room service at 2am. Luxury hotel. Great breakfast. It's a prefect location for access to bars etc in Glasgow.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Our first 'Mal' experience. We stayed for 1 night mid-week. I tagged along on my husband's business trip. I had read TA reviews and requested a room with aircon beforehand (I'm a lady of a 'certain age'!). On arrival I was conveniently side tracked with an offer of canapés and taster cocktails :-) while hubby checked in. We were offered an upgrade for a small charge and decided to accept it. No aircon in this room but 2 large windows were open and it felt quite cool as it was not one of the very hot days/evenings. Extremely large bed, big TV and robes were the advantage. We decided to wander down to the city centre to eat and shut the windows for security. Beware - Glasgow is hilly. Quite a climb back to the hotel on some routes. We got back about 9pm and our room was hot and stuffy with traffic and street noise if the windows were open. No problem if you are a townie but it was for us. I enquired at reception if we could downgrade (seems daft doesn't it?) to a room with aircon. The young lady at reception couldn't have been more helpful, efficient, friendly and professional. I'm sorry I didn't get her name. We were offered to view a room in the church conversion part of the hotel overlooking the atrium and, although it may be gloomy in the day time, was perfect for our one nights rest. In fact, we preferred the layout of this room. We set the temperature on the control and had a drink at the bar. Excellent nights sleep, very comfortable, quiet and cool. Smaller bed and TV than the first room and no robes but we were more than happy. Take a minute to look at the staircase by reception - it's wonderful and I think reflects the ecclesiastical origin of the building. I've never seen anything like it. Overall impression - feeling of understated luxury and opulence, relaxing atmosphere, great staff, clean and comfortable. Shame aircon seems to be an issue.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business