“Hmmm wasn't good”
Review of Malmaison Hotel

Malmaison Hotel
Ranked #36 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Booked a room on top secret hotels, arrived for check in and went to our room. Room was dark and the mattress was brick hard. We changed upto a superior room (235) which was alot bigger and had 2 Parisian balconies in the room. Mattress was still brick hard and uncomfy to sleep or even sit on. Would of had a better sleep on the floor.

In the room next to us was a boyband, and there management etc were in rooms down the corridor. The hotel was surrounded by little screaming girls until after 11pm then they arrived at 7am and woke us up with there screaming. Every time we went down to the lobby we were met with screeches and screams, but of a pain.

Told hotel staff about the mattress being brick like and giving me back pain and they didnt seem interested.

Don't think we will be back

Rooms were clean
Never had breakfast
Staff were less than average

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Johnk2473
Write a ReviewReviews (1,556)

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Return trip to the Malmaison chain after 7 years - quality remains high with some nice little touches. Breakfast very relaxing with a nice variety in the cooked section.
I paid £96 with breakfast a night and others didn't stay as they were expected to pay considerably more (should have booked earlier). When I compare the full price tariff against others hotels in the UK, the others have caught up and offer wider selections around TV, gym etc whilst matching the little touches.
Would I stay again - yes but dependant on the price compared with other hotels

Room Tip: Higher up avoids road noise if you have the windows open
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Stayed in the duplex suite and was impressed with the quality. The bed was comfortable, there was plenty of space in the room and everything was clean and tidy. The service from the staff was also first class. Will be revisiting!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed one night at the Malmaison in Glasgow. It is an excellent option in town if you can secure a good deal (we payed £69 without breakfast). It is close to the centre and the breakfast was good. The room was also nice. The staff is very friendly and efficient.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank new_world_travellers
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Booked two rooms, a standard and a superior. Both rooms were booked at a discounted rate and were well worth the money. The rooms were both very well appointed and comfortable. The superior room had one of the largest beds i have seen! The beds were very comfortable, with both room occupants having great nights sleep. The hotel was quiet with minimal guest or road noise. We will certainly be looking at booking malmaison rooms in the future. Perfect location near to sauciehall street.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2013

stayed here for one night room only - got the room for a great price so was delighted.

was on the 3rd floor - a dog and its owner joined us in the lift and when they left, it did leave a reallly strong smell. for me personally, this puts me off as i am not a dog owner.

the room was big enough but really warm. one window latch was loose so couldnt open the door and we had to shut the others at night as there seemed to be boy racers driving round the block several times which kept us awake.

there were a few cobwebs on the ceiling which were noticeable, unfortunately. The bathroom was adequate and toiletries were a great bonus.

overall, it is a good hotel in quite a good location, although some things could be improved. excellent value for money on our trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

As a regular visitor to Glasgow on a weekly basis both on business and pleasure I had to say I was distracted by some on the newer more "up to date" hotels that have joined the city over the last couple of years. My latest trip to the mal has changed my options of what actually makes a hotel! The staff, the atmosphere, the little extras, the attention to detail, the food (and drink of course) all of which blew me away on my last visit. I decided to treat myself and booked a duplex suite, such a fabulous place to chill out, rest and work... I had read previous reviews on the heat issues within the hotel but then was not put off as us scots have been having an unusually hot summer and as a business owner myself I can see that the expense of installing air conditioning to the entire building at once would be extortionate. I believe the hotel is embarking on a step by step plan in the near future so don't be put off by these comments... My only gripe would be there is no car park but its a city centre hotel and offers discount at the nearby Q park. Thanks again mal staff, I will be back!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo