1,665 results
All reviewshonours restaurantbig yingreek orthodox churchduplex suitechateaubriandmini barq parkcity centrelovely hotelstandard roomreception staffclub roomrestaurant staffcooked breakfastlovely roomstreet noisean overnight stay
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Stayed using Mal`s sunday special deal whereby if you spend 75 pounds in the bistro the room only costs 10 pounds (although we upgraded to a superior room by paying an extra 10 pounds). The room was well appointed, comfortable big bed and there were no noise issues aside from creaky floorboards but we were in the old wing!
The highlight was undoubtedly the meal whch both my wife and myself thought was exceptional with very attentive staff - we will definitely be back for more.
The only slightly sour note was when we were sitting in the small bar after finishing our meal, a member of staff began clearing away the tables and chairs leaving us feeling slightly uncomfortable and rushed - it was only 11pm!
Overall though we were pleased with our choice.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Stayed here for just one night while in Glasgow, and it was wonderful! We got the duplex suite, which had a loft with comfy king-sized bed, and two couches downstairs with a flat screen TV. The deal came with a whisky tasting in the hotel bar, and the bar and restaurant were excellent. The hotel is ideally located in the city center, just a few minutes from Glasgow Central train station and near the famous Glasgow School of Art and Sauchiehall street for shopping. There was no convenient nearby parking but the hotel recommended a car park a few blocks away. Wished they had free wi fi but we had to pay for it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2009

I have stayed at Malmaison in Glasgow several times, both for business and leisure. In fact, it is my number 1 choice in Glasgow. I just have never got round to writing a review before.
This trip, I was entertaining clients. As usual, the hotel lived up to its expectation. I had a great room above reception. My other 9 guests were extremely pleased with their rooms too. We had drinks in the bar before we went out in the evening, and the service was good. I have eaten here before and would rate the food as very good - not excellent but well above average.
Breakfast is always excellent. Reception staff were very efficient, arranging taxis for 10 of us.
My only gripe would be that you get turfed out of the bar to some miserable sofas after about 12am. The bar is in the same room as the restaurant, and they need to set up for breakfast. It is just that this is not a very pleasant place to end your evening
But all in all, I would recommend for both business and leisure in Glasgow and quite often you can get good deals from their website

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2009

We stayed for one night for our wedding anniversary. Very disappointed. The room was a superior double & was o.k. but not fantastic for the price paid.
It was a horrible rainy/windy day in Glasgow & the tiny portion of window was left open for us but the room was very hot with no air-con at all. We had to ask the reception to come and close the window for us even though the room was boiling hot as all you could hear was the road noise outside.
You could hear the creaky floorboards outside the door everytime someone walked past and we must have had the room below the staff quarters as the floorboards above us started creaking at a very early hour.
There was a steep set of stairs to get to our room (no lift) and you were well sweaty by the time you got into the room (& the room was boiling hot due to the lack of fresh air/window too small to open any further etc). The carpet on the stairs had a number of stains (not a good look).
The plug did not fit into the bathroom sink correctly so the water drained as soon as you tried to fill the sink.
Bed was large & very comfy but they had put in x-amount of horrible scratchy-hairy cushions which we ended up just putting on the floor! The "chaise-lounge" had a number of holes in the fabric.
The reception ladies were all pretty grumpy & couldn't really be bothered but the guy on reception at night was very cheerful!
Breakfast in the brassiere was pretty nasty. They had "run out" of bread rolls my husband was told when he ordered a bacon roll - they then brought him 2 white bread doorstops with masses of greasy bacon. He left the whole lot - it was no better than a transport café!

All in all I would say this places needs some serious TLC. Reminded me of a hotel that just wants to get you in, charge you a ridiculous rate, no care or attention. Would not stay here again (even if it was free!!).

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2009

Stayed two nights in the Malmaison over the World Pipe Band Championships weekend in Glasgow. This hotel is normally outwith my budget, even as a Travel Agent, but I had found a good deal and was delighted.

The hotel was excellent in most respects, especially the breakfast which was the best I have had in a U.K. hotel for a long time. The room was very comfortable, if a little on the small side.

The location is ideal. Central enough to be within walking distance of everything but far enough from the main city centre hub to avoid all the late night noise.

The only thing that I was not so keen on was the fact that our window looked into an internal lobby/bar area within the hotel but that was a minor issue.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple