Malmaison Hotel
Agoda.com
US$173
US$146
  • Room Service
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$192
Agoda.com
US$146
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
1,615 results
All reviewshonours restaurantbig yinduplex suitechateaubriandmini barcity centreq parkstandard roomlovely hotelreception staffclub roomrestaurant staffcooked breakfasta great nights sleeplovely roomstreet noiseovernight stay
Reviewed 18 January 2010

Stayed here for a night after getting a deal online for DBB, it was not as good as I expected. Reading the previous reviews I have to agree about the sqeeky floorboards, it was frustrating. The rooms were nice but I was disappointed by the fact that not only was there no complimentary items, there was not even a bottle of still water in the mini bar to purchase, this was the worst mini bar I have experienced in a hotel of this stadard. We attended dinner as it was included in the deal and had the homegrown and local menu, the pate was tasteless and there was little variety. We moved the bar area to eat our cheese and biscuits, there was no atmosphere in the bar and we sat with empty glasses till we decided just to leave and go to a local bar.

The hotel is in a good location and the rooms are pleasant however I would not recommend staying here as it is overpriced, not value for money and there much nicer hotels in the area.

I have stayed in Malmaison, Abderdeen and Glasgow is not a touch on this.......

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2010

I booked this hotel for my husbands birthday, we booked the special offer - spend £75 on food and stay overnight for £25, what a bargain!. The hotel is in a very nice area of Glasgow, with lots of nice restaurants and shops nearby - try Fifi and Ally for lunch, yum!
The staff at reception were lovely, I called ahead to ask for their suggestions re parking, the hotel gave us a voucher to get a discount off the Qpark in Jamaica Street (this is the cheapest parking at about £15 for 24 hours) however when we used the discount voucher from Mal instead of getting a £2 discount we got the full 24 hours for £2 - don't know if this was a fluke but it worked for us. The hotel overall is very clean and very well decorated in boutique style, the room was lovely and also very clean - I am a bit of a clean freak and it stood up to my inspection ! The room was very cosy and the bedding immaculate. We ate at the brassiere in the basement - we were served by Alex - he is gorgeous and really friendly and helpful. The food was excellent, the starter of baked figs with goats cheese must be the best starter I have ever had, the rest of the meal was excellent too, and the bottle of wine though a wee bit pricey at £20 was very very nice!
Overall we had an excellent night with great food and fabulous service - will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2009

My wife and I stayed a night at the Malmaison to use up some airmiles I had, so glad we did not pay full price. The furnishings and carpets in the public areas were stained and shabby. The room was comfortable but black furniture is very 80s. Nice bathroom with fluffy big towels.But the thing that really let it down was the breakfast.The hot food was lukewarm and greasy, my wife sent her breakfast back , but the restaurant manager never came near , this is not a five star hotel. The crowne plaza or Hilton are far superior.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2009

I travel often for business and had two nights in Glasgow, mid-November. The rain outside was incredible but the hotel was a very nice respite from the weather. The front desk staff was efficient and courteous. My king room was clean and spacious for a single traveler. The room may have been a bit tight for two but I expect that with European hotels.

The food in the restaurant was very good. The restaurant staff was efficient but did not rush me. The bar staff was fun and inventive with drinks (though the pours were a bit short). I'd definitely stay here again on a business trip and would even consider this a top contender for a personal trip to Glasgow.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Stayed one night in this unusual hotel. We arrived several hours before the offical check in. Thought we would leave our luggage and do some shopping but the staff were able to book us into our room right away, which was a nice surprise. I was a bit apprehensive about this hotel having read so many negative reviews. Our room was lovely and extremely comfortable. The decor was very modern and the soft furnishing of a good standard. The bathroom was fabulous with some nice toiletries. Only complaint regarding the bathroom was no shower cap. There were proper wine glasses in the room, most unusual. We had dinner included in our stay and to be honest the food was very average. Would have expected better for this standard of hotel. That said it was edible. The hotel restaurant and bar are in the old crypt, this gives the hotel a very unusual feel. There is a gym, but as we didn't use it I can't comment. All the staff we came into contact with were very efficient and pleasant.
It is situated just on the edge of the city centre, so easy access to all the great shops and bars that Glasgow has to offer.
Many of the reviewers complained about the view from their rooms. Can I just say you are in the city centre, what kind of view are you expecting? Very unrealistic.
All in all we enjoyed our stay very much. If we do go back I would have dinner outside the hotel but other than that no real complaints.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple