If you check back on all my other contributions made to hotels, hostels, B&Bs and restaurants you'll see that I am honestly fair when it comes to reviewing places.
I am SO angry with mine and my boyfriends stay at this hotel. Probably partly my fault for having quite high expectations for the hotel. I'm not going to completely trash it, because the service wasn't to bad, however I felt it was really forced from the girls on reception as if its the only decent thing they have left to offer at this crappy hotel!
We paid £125 for the hotel and added breakfast on when we got there which totalled at £20 for the both of us, so forgive me for expecting a tiny bit of luxury at £145 for one night!
- We walked up to our room and it was ROASTING hot! there was NO air condition and
obviously as its an old building they have those huge windows that you can't open for
health and safety.
- Our room looked onto an office building that was only a few feet away so we were
being stared at by office workers when we were sitting on our bed so not only was it
roasting hot but we had to close our nice thick dark colored curtains on a scorcher of
- We found an open half eaten bag of peanuts lying on the desk in our tiny tiny little box
- One set of towels for the both of us.
- The cold tap in our bathroom sink was absolutely boiling hot - as was the hot water
- In the morning we got woken up at 7.30am by a cleaner pounding the hoover off our
door after obviously hoovering the lobby outside.
- Initially there was confusion when we went downstairs for our breakfast - we got told
we had to pay an extra £13 each for breakfast even though we'd already paid £20
when checking in. However after a few minutes of staff running back and forth we got
told everything was fine and we didn't have to pay anything extra however I still feel that
they were trying to trick us out of money etc.
Like I said previously the staff were quite friendly on arriving etc and were more than willing to book us taxis and help us with maps if necessary. Also the breakfast was really really great and worth the money as there was so much to choose from.
I cant help but feel for a couple of pounds more you can get absolutely exceptional quality and treatment from Hotel Du Vins - One Devonshire Gardens which isn't as central but far better quality than this hotel which seems to just hide under its grand 'Malmaison' title!! They obviously think that the 'Malmaison' title entitles them to charge WAY over the odds for absolute shoddy surroundings and just a crappy hotel over all.
No apologies from any staff members even after i'd alerted them to the peanut and towel situation.
I won't be going back in a hurry. This place was a total let down to the Malmaison chain.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malmaison Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Hotel Glasgow, Scotland
- Hotel Malmaison