“Seems ok to me” 3 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
“Seems ok to me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

A few issues.

1. The energy saving bulbs are clearly very cheap and nasty. They take hours to light up properly, leaving you stumbling around in the dark trying to get to a lamp that will actually provide you with some light. It was particularly difficult the first night when I didn't know where the lamps were (and the lamp attached to the wall doesn't work at all, which isn't helpful in the pitch black).

2. No bin in the bedroom - only an extremely small one (which was broken) in the bathroom.

3. My next door neighbours had a charming habit of trying to open or shut the window at slightly anti-social hours and took several noisy attempts to do whatever it was they were trying to do each evening. When I mentioned it to the front desk, I was told to phone down the next time it happened. Guess what - no phone in the room!

4. No other issues so far.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Was over for a business trip for the Mac school of art (literally across the road) we stayed for two nights the room was immacualte it looked like it was recently renovated, the tv was a bit dogey and didnt get channels that great, the wifi was..non exisitant (wasnt too bothered) and the full scot breakfast was lovely. For a few days stay the price and location are brilliant! Dont always believe bad reviews

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

The most uncomfortable beds in existance even though the manager insists they are new!! Shower mats have to be asked for as they do not come as standard, this speaks volumes! Tacky badly decorated, toilet roll dispencer held up by a rubber band, tap comming away from fixing. Not value for money unless you are paying less than about £20 a night. when I spoke to the manager about these things she made no attempt to sound sorry and said there was no way I was getting any type of refund so tuff for me but here is a warning to other guests!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

Elgin, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is not a hotel, but is a hostel. It is small, dark, dingy, unclean and smells like a bad nursing home.
Room had an overpowering smell of bleach, but the shower room had not been bleached! Brown bed covers do not inspire confidence, but bed sheets were white and clean. No art work in rooms and a smashed up picture on the stair was the only art work on the walls that I could see. I wanted to check out the state of the dining room, but the door was locked.
The room was no 3 and on the ground floor. It was cramped and dark. The very small shower cubicles have a curtain (unclean) on it rather than the door that must have broken at some time. I looked into the room next to ours, as the door was wedged open with a towel?? The small double bed was pushed into a corner so only one person could get out without climbing over the other person, and the bed was tipped down at the head end, needed repaired. I was frightened to complain as our room was larger than the other 2 rooms on the ground floor. The shower hose in one of the other rooms had unravelled showing just the blue rubber hose. Net curtains were filthy as was the window sill.
I could not bring myself to eat breakfast in this hostel, as the rest was so tired, run down and dirty, I felt it would reflect in the kitchen also.
If this had been cheap it would have not been a shock. I think it must be run by students for students and have no budget for repairs.
It had The Glasgow School of Art written on the top of notices, and I would have thought that they could have got some of their art students to display some of their art work on the walls rather than leaving a smashed picture on the wall! The tag on the wall outside (breasts) was the only art work on display!!
As for displaying RAC 3 stars - what a joke.
This hostel is over priced and needs refurbished or at least cleaned. The professional photos on their site need updated to reflect what you actually get.
A real let down for Glasgow, not what we want tourists to take away from their visit to our country.

Room Tip: Book a room elsewhere.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Lanark, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel on Saturday. Stay was fine. Two days later after my bank card declined realised that THE HOTEL had taken my payment of £261 twice. Phoned for some help and the lady I spoke to could not have been any cheekier or unhelpful!!! She advised me to call and tell my bank this as they had done nothing wrong (while I am looking at my account online and could see the payment taken twice) Called the bank who confirmed the issue and THE HOTEL had taken the money twice. They managed to sort this for me there and then. Called the hotel back where the woman I was speaking to turned out to be the manageress was even cheekier than before, told me I should be apologising to her and then asked me if I was quite finished!!! Phoned for help and can not believe the disgusting customer service and this was from "the manager"

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mazlam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews on here I eas a bit worried about my stay. However, I really enjoyed my stay at the Rennie Mackintosh the room was clean and the staff friendly. I had room service every day during my 3 night stay. The location was great and I am going back again in a few months time.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

I looked on here and was a bit worried on what to expect. However, I had a great time. The staff where freindly and my room was cleaned every day. Gonna go back to the rennie mackintosh again in a couple of months time.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends