Rennie Mackintosh Art School Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$171
US$200
US$119
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$104
  • Free Internet
US$113
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

.....9 and a half of that was spent on the phone - booking a different hotel!!

In fairness (to my partner) it was booked as somewhere to crash after a night out at the Hydro... Although he later confessed he hadn't read the reviews properly.... He wishes he had now, as I refused to stay there!!

I am not overly fuzzy, but this place just made me cry. We were given the basement room "opposite the dining room"... It was dark and dingy. There were stains up the wall - I don't even want to think what they were. The bathroom was horrid, with the smallest shower cubicle I have ever seen - although it did come with complimentary hairs in it!!!

On my way out, I tried to open the dining room door (purely out of curiosity)... However, it was jammed closed...

All in all it was very grim and reminded me of a (very bad) hostel.

We asked for our money back, and we're told no (although we expected that would be the case). We were offered another room - but quite frankly we'd seen enough.

Definitely wouldn't recommend... It's worth spending an extra few £££ to stay in a proper hotel!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hubwardo
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights in january. The room was clean and so was the bathroom.The bed clean and comfortable. Breakfast was ok and so was the service. It was also very quiet. On the minus side: no view and no lift. Will go there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aase D
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Four of us went to this hotel for a Saturday night break to a comedy club, we had read the reviews so didn't have high expectations, it was indeed basic and very seventies, but the staff were friendly, our beds were clean as was the room. There was tea and coffee as well as two bottles of water, which was I nice touch. Close to all amenities, a pub, the station all within a hundred yards, would I use it again. YES I would.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

what a waste of money going there, its dirty and dusty , they don't clean the rooms or change bed linen, even after you ask them to all you get is " I'll write it in the book " shower, well if you can fit into them, if you don't believe me, waste some of your own money to see, also over charged one night, but would not give my money back, they said because it was booked over the internet

Room Tip: better off staying outside
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014

A few issues.

1. The energy saving bulbs are clearly very cheap and nasty. They take hours to light up properly, leaving you stumbling around in the dark trying to get to a lamp that will actually provide you with some light. It was particularly difficult the first night when I didn't know where the lamps were (and the lamp attached to the wall doesn't work at all, which isn't helpful in the pitch black).

2. No bin in the bedroom - only an extremely small one (which was broken) in the bathroom.

3. My next door neighbours had a charming habit of trying to open or shut the window at slightly anti-social hours and took several noisy attempts to do whatever it was they were trying to do each evening. When I mentioned it to the front desk, I was told to phone down the next time it happened. Guess what - no phone in the room!

4. No other issues so far.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business