“Quiet Night”

Ranked #31 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Dundee
“Quiet Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I visited as I had an to got the nearby University, so the room was paid for me by the firm. I had a blue cheese burger which was quite tasty, £9 for two pints tho' yeesh!!! Room was 728 which has quite a good view over the motorway. It was clean, well appointed and the free wi-fi was handy. Buffet breakfast next day was excellent. Will be back (hopefully)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Ewing S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Glasgow Central, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor, following your recent visit to our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Yours sincerely, Ewing Stewart, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cheshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Brand loyalty! The receptionists were as prickly as the thistle logo. If this is the year Scots are supposed to be going back to their homeland, they won't get a warm welcome here.
My husband & I shared a twin room; we also shared the 1 bath towel-too late when you are dripping wet fresh from the shower to order another, we also shared the one sachet of sugar....

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ewing S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Glasgow Central, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I understand that our Reception Manager has been in contact with you regarding your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Thistle Glasgow in the future. Yours sincerely,
Ewing Stewart, General Manager.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is a first class hotel . The executive rooms have two masive double beds and are very well furnished. The food is good in the bar and the atmosphere great. Staff are happy to help and it's always warm and clean. The hotel is very well positioned with great access to shops, restaurants, theatres etc. V much recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary M
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your very kind review, following your recent visit to the Thistle Glasgow. Your comments are very encouraging for our staff to read. Thanks again, and we do
hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.
Yours sincerely, Ewing Stewart, General Manager.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel is well located for business and shopping (just off Sauchiehall Street)

Whilst reception appears a little sparse the staff are friendly and efficient.

Rooms are pretty good, clean, excellent thick bath towels and good size tv. Particular praise to the night reception staff who helped me out in a mini crisis.

Happy to recommend this hotel and the breakfast was to an acceptable standard as were the restaurant staff. Hopefully the second lift is now repaired as this was an irritation as I was on one of the upper floors.

Room Tip: Probably best ask for a non-street facing room and if allocated a high up floor check if both lifts...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed our very central location, and I am happy to confirm that lift has been repaired, and we apologise for this inconvenience. I will pass on your kind comments, particularly to the Night Staff, and we do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back next time you are in Glasgow. Yours sincerely, Ewing Stewart, General Manager.
Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel as we were going to see Strictly Come Dancing. It was a treat for my mothers 70th birthday. Unfortunately on the Sunday of the show, when we went for a shower we had no hot water in the room. I called reception and they said to let the water run for five minutes which we did. It was still cold, I called reception again and they said someone would come up and fix it. However they called back and said the boiler had broken and we would have no hot water. This was awful for us as we were going to the show in the evening and checking out that day. We went for breakfast and it was heaving with a massively long queue. We had to sit on settees and eat breakfast on our knee. Trying to get coffee or tea was a task in itself. The staff were just overwhelmed by the amount of people . I know that the boiler breaking was just one of those things. But for us it spoiled a celebration and our weekend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I went to an event at the hotel in january and decided to stay the night to enjoy myself rather than have to rush for a last train or pay taxi fares. I am glad that I did! The room was so very comfortable, very spacious and fab for someone who wanted a night out minus the kids and other half.

I enjoyed it so much that I am staying again this weekend due to meeting old work colleagues and looking to pamper myself once again! The hotel is central, very clean, has lovely staff and is one of the better hotels in Glasgow and its affordable.

This time i will be using the facilities as I will have more time to do so, this is why I haven't yet rated this in my review.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank angeline1611
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

My work put me up on this hotel whilst in Glasgow for a conference.
From the outside the hotel looks like any other city centre hotel. But inside you can tell there has been recent upgrades made to bring the hotel up to date.
The gym and pool areas could do with being the next area in the hotel upgraded.
The restaurant serves great tasting dishes although maybe a little pricey.
The staff are very pleasant and always smiling.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business