The only good thing about this hotel is its location. It was in easy walking distance of my business meeting and of the city centre.
It is overpriced- even taking into account its city location.(It was booked for c £115 through a corporate agency but you may get a better deal via the web). It wasn’t immediately obvious from their website that they don’t have a restaurant. Only breakfast and sandwiches are available. I had had a long, tiring, journey and even though they have a deal with the restaurant next door- the inability to order a hot food or room service was a definite minus.
The bed was comfortable though despite their claim re pillows all mine seemed firm. It was noisy. I did not have a good night’s sleep. The ‘power shower’ is no more powerful than my domestic most definitely non-power shower.
The carpet in my room was grimy and need replacing. The extractor fan in the bathroom didn’t work and was also very grimy. For some reason I had been allocated a disabled room and the disabled fittings were also very dirty and needed a deep clean. The bathroom smelt stale and there was hint old urine in the air. Yuk!
Breakfast was a bit of a bun fight. The scrambled eggs were surprisingly good but the only sausages were meat – no veggie alternative. The rolls were uninspiring and the layout of the buffet is poor and cramped. Staff seemed to ignore this and tried to walk through guests. The coffee was good, the fruit was tired. At busy times there is not enough seating.
Security seemed good even though there were no safes in the rooms. Access to the lifts and stairwells requires a room key. This is good.
For the price paid I would expect a trouser press or iron in the room. There was neither.
The lighting was inadequate for working/reading.
The reception staff were helpful when pressed but not spontaneously so. The breakfast staff less so. I wouldn’t be in a hurry to stay here – or another Holiday Inn Express – again.
The photos aren't great as they were taken at night on my mobile – but they show enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside is ideal for exploring the infamous sights of Glasgow including the Riverside Museum, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and the renowned Style Mile. Each of our 128 guestrooms have been designed to provide all the comfort, convenience and value you have come to expect from Holiday Inn Express. From comfy beds, air-conditioning and free Wi-Fi to 32-inch TVs and en-suite bathrooms with power showers, we've got you covered. Our family rooms can accommodate up to 2 adults and 2 children, with kids under 18 staying free! From the moment you arrive we want you to feel at home - arrive to a warm Scottish welcome, go to sleep in a comfortable bed and wake up to a delicious, inclusive breakfast. Wi-Fi is free throughout the hotel for our guests, so you can surf comfortably in your room or in our welcoming Great Room lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside Hotel Glasgow
- Holiday Inn Glasgow
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside Scotland