“Doesn't come much better for somewhere to lay your head after a night out on the town!”

Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside
Ranked #29 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here several times, really is exactly what you need if you are staying in Glasgow for a night in the town.
Always delivers what you expect for a great price.
Staff are pleasant, helpful & do a good job in the challenging circumstances that arise from herding drunken revellers out of the bar at bedtime!
Always the first place I'd check for availability when heading to Glasgow for a night out.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Stranraer, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Lovely hotel down near the river clyde, location is great on bus route and train stations nearby, st enoch shopping centre just round corner. Hotel itself is very clean and smartly presented, staff are courteous and helpful. Room was nice, quite spacious and clean, and bed was comfy. All in all another great holiday inn hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2012

A group of us stayed here on a Saturday night. The location is on the edge of the city centre but quite close to Glasgow's 'Merchant City'. Ideal for a drink or a night out.

The accommodation was very clean, basic and generally well maintained too.

The tv's look like they date back to the 80's (think old 14" portable here) as does the decor but as I said very clean. Showers only in the rooms, so no soaking in a bath.

Free WiFi in the lounge but not in the rooms.

Breakfast is free, but very busy so we didn't bother in the morning.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My husband, myself and our friend had the pleasure of staying at this hotel on 6.10.12.
It was absolutely perfect. Although the room was a bit small, it was perfectly adequate for the three of us with a large sofa bed for our friend.
The room itself was faultless. Not a complaint.
The staff could not be more helpful. They were without exception, friendly, helpful and courteous.
We must have been lucky because we had a heavily discounted 1 night stay which included breakfast, not just cold, but also hot food on offer.

We shall certainly be going back to this hotel whenever we are back in Glasgow.
Many thanks Holiday Inn Express, Riverside

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor, which was very quiet at night.
Scotland
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This hotel is in a good location and the rooms are clean, what more do you need really? Apart from staff that can understand you?
The sign in the bathroom reads......"forgotten something?, toothbrush, razor, etc. call reception"
So I called reception and asked for a razor, the lady was eastern European and had no idea what I was asking for, after trying to explain to her for ages, that I wanted to shave my legs, she said "no sorry we don't have them" I knew she was just brushing me off because she didn't understand so I called back.... The same lady answered.... I said the sign in the bathroom says you have razors could you check please. Then another lady came to the phone and I asked for a razor AGAIN, to which she replied "yes, no problem we have them at reception" How hard was that???? honestly!
So after shaving my legs and was quite happy, until the next day when I asked for a pair of scissors from reception and the same lady handed me a pen!...... a pen!!!!
I could do nothing but walk away and shake my head.
Very disappointed, as I travel allot on business and will not be staying here again or recommending it!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2012

We paid around 60 pounds per night to stay here for 3 nights for a professional conference. The staff could not do enough to help us - the rooms are very clean,obviously not 5 star luxury but this is a fraction of the cost. I could barely believe breakfast was in this price - and it was pretty decent with plenty of continental stuff and some hot items like sausages, scrambled eggs and beans. No distance from the heart of town and on the Clyde. Even better - in my view one of the best pubs in Glasgow the Scotia bar is almost next door! Well done team - brilliant. PS- don't eat at the italian restaurant next door - the manageress is absolutely crazy - thought we were not going to get out alive when my colleague's fish was complained about for being past it's best - " I am deeply offended - and my husband is the chef" she said! No refund! Previous stories of him leaving kitchen with knife yelling by other customers - I would believe it from reaction we got!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

This hotel feels like a hostel and I'll never stay here again. At the front doors you're welcome by groups of people, mainly Asian, smoking. Once you check in the room is cold, you feel a breeze coming through the window and the air con doesn't work so you have no heating. The TV is from the 80s with a rubbish picture and sound. There was a power cut for 3 hours on the evening I stayed. Bad food at breakfast. Just a cheap hotel that isn't worth what it charges. Go to the one in theatreland instead.

• Stayed October 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Dear bristolsmeg,

Thank you for you review. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry about the inconvenience you experienced due to power interruption and for the quality of breakfast served during your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for any negative impression you may have at our hotel. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera M