I stay in a lot of holiday inn express hotels across the UK but of the older style (combined shower / toilet / bathroom with one door) this is the best by a long way.
Staff - very thoughtful by explaining the various parking options, asked how long id stay the next day to ensure I had the best value parking, so although the hotel doesnt have its own car park it has access / deals with a pay & display NCP in King Street right across the road for £4.95 till 10am next day or with Q-Park St Enoch for £6.50 for 24 hrs, so if your staying the longer than 10am stay in the Q-Park which is just around the corner and is a multi storey. But I stayed on a Saturday and the receptionist advised me to have a look for a space on the street as its free after 6pm every night but doesnt charge for parking at all on a sunday, so she saved me £4.95 minimum as there were plenty of free spaces around the outside of the King Street car park.
Room - Most expresses (esp the new style) seem to have very soft and lumpy mattresses, this hotel had much firmer and comfortable mattresses, very happy with the room and also how clean it was, large flatscreen tv decent range of channels
Location - right next to the main shopping area of Argyle Street with easy access from M8 / M77 / M74 motorways
Considering I only paid £33 which included breakfast I was very happy with the value and would certainly stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside is ideal for exploring the infamous sights of Glasgow including the Riverside Museum, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and the renowned Style Mile. Each of our 128 guestrooms have been designed to provide all the comfort, convenience and value you have come to expect from Holiday Inn Express. From comfy beds, air-conditioning and free Wi-Fi to 32-inch TVs and en-suite bathrooms with power showers, we've got you covered. Our family rooms can accommodate up to 2 adults and 2 children, with kids under 18 staying free! From the moment you arrive we want you to feel at home - arrive to a warm Scottish welcome, go to sleep in a comfortable bed and wake up to a delicious, inclusive breakfast. Wi-Fi is free throughout the hotel for our guests, so you can surf comfortably in your room or in our welcoming Great Room lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside Hotel Glasgow
- Holiday Inn Glasgow
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside Scotland