Firstly hats off to Ian on night shift, stocky bloke, shaven head, I have a load of time for him, just take the time to talk to him. I am being so specific as these people don't come along often in someone's life, he is a gem. I have now stayed in this hotel 5 nights over the last 3 weeks, he truly committed to customer service. I also take my hat off to the gent whom checked me in on my first and second visit, forgot his name but will comment at a later stage. I go to Glasgow 2/3 times a month for 2/3 days on business, depending what needs doing. There is nothing negative to say about the hotel, but excellent service.....note that General Manager and IHG. Tip to customers.......adjacent to the left as you walk out of the hotel you can buy overnight parking from 6pm to 10am for 4.95 pounds from the hotel, any earlier or staying later will cost you 10.00 pounds call ahead to understand, all these can be bought from the hotel. I will also add if you want you can stop in front of the hotel, put your hazards on and get your parking ticket, otherwise park in that open car park, there is no attendant so you have time to get your parking voucher and get back, that is common I am told and have experienced. My car has not been messed with, just in case you have the same concerns, you can go around the block and pay NCP........you decide once you see the price. Pubs and restaurants are all in walking distance less than 1 minute and depending what you like up to a maximum of 15 mins. I mean like right next door. Also a Sainsbury local and great fish and chips/come GOOD fast food house is 5 mins away. I will be back in 2 weeks for 3 nights and highly recommend this hotel. Check my profile, I take reviewing seriously. Happy travels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside is ideal for exploring the infamous sights of Glasgow including the Riverside Museum, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and the renowned Style Mile. Each of our 128 guestrooms have been designed to provide all the comfort, convenience and value you have come to expect from Holiday Inn Express. From comfy beds, air-conditioning and free Wi-Fi to 32-inch TVs and en-suite bathrooms with power showers, we've got you covered. Our family rooms can accommodate up to 2 adults and 2 children, with kids under 18 staying free! From the moment you arrive we want you to feel at home - arrive to a warm Scottish welcome, go to sleep in a comfortable bed and wake up to a delicious, inclusive breakfast. Wi-Fi is free throughout the hotel for our guests, so you can surf comfortably in your room or in our welcoming Great Room lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside Hotel Glasgow
- Holiday Inn Glasgow
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside Scotland