“Staff make this place better than the competition - the bed is very comfy too”

Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside
Ranked #29 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I arrived late, a woman on my own - it was dark and raining. I got a taxi from central train station and it cost ess than a fiver. All the staff were excellent - welcoming, attentive and genuinely friendly. My room was nice, spacious and clean. The bed was particularly comfy - I have had nights in Ibis, Ramada, Radission, Premier Inn and Comfort in the last month and this bed and bedding was by far the best. Breakfast was ok (I eat museli and they only had the sawdusty sort) but there was enough to choose from. The rates were excellent - I paid £65 for a double room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
gmexpressglasgow, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted to read that you found the staff to be excellent and that you had a comfortable sleep setting you up for the day ahead.

We hope to be your first choice when staying again in Glasgow.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Only thing stopping the service receiving a 1 is the daytime receptionists. Night staff were disgustingly rude and uncooperative. Wouldn't let me back in my room and I had to pay £50 for a taxi home because of them. Absolutely outraged at the way I was treated. Wouldn't even let me in to get my stuff. Do not go if you're going for a night out. Awful, awful, awful.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank LiamC93
gmexpressglasgow, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Liam,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you did not have an enjoyable experience at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside.

Due to fire regulations, only registered guests are permitted to stay in guest bedrooms as advised by our night’s team at the time. Our rooms can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children and the number of guests per room are required to be stated at the time of booking. We happily accommodate additional guests but we do require notification of any changes to a reservation. If a room cannot accommodate the number of guests in a party we can happily provide alternative arrangements and a second guest room if required.

Thank you for your feedback as all comments regarding our guests experiences are welcomed and noted.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Charlene Kennedy

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I booked a week ahead and got an excellent rate of £69. I thought the receptionists were all very good - welcoming, helpful and efficient even when busy. My room was quiet and well maintained. I couldn't work out the heating but I am sure I would have been helped if I had called! Breakfast was good and especially the croissants.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted to read that you found the staff welcoming, helpful and efficient and that you enjoyed your free hot buffet breakfast.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Have used Holiday Inn Express before and cannot fault them.
The rooms are spotless and the staff very polite and helpful.
The selection at breakfast also excellent.
A comfortable stay before travelling.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write your review of our hotel. We are glad you had a comfortable stay during your time with us and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Arived at hotel and received a very warm, friendly welcome form the two polish girls on reception.
The room was very comfortable. There was a good breakfast in the morning and I was indeed very impressed with this hotel

Room Tip: I had a room at the back of the hotel it was very quiet indeed
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
gmexpressglasgow, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear findmejak,

Thank you for taking the time to write your five star review of the hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you were very impressed with the hotel and enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning.

I have passed on your kind comments to the team and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Bed and room ok. Bit of a walk from town centre. No food. But they do offer up 3 recommended takeaway menus who deliver to the hotel.

Good food nearby at Esca.

£95/n quite steep. Similar holiday inn express joints around the uk are £60/n

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SingleToManningtree
gmexpressglasgow, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. Due to the city centre location of our property there are numerous restaurants and bars just a short walking distance from the hotel. The Aldente Italian Restaurant directly next door to the hotel offers hotel guests 10% discount off of the A la carte menu. There is also a selection of sandwiches and snacks available in the vending area located at the bar and as you noted below guests are more than welcome to order in a take away and the reception team can provide a variety of menus for this. Prices are subject to availability , please visit our website for the best rates and take advantage of our doscounted advance purchase rates if you book more than 10 days prior to arrival.

Charlene Kennedy

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and myself stayed here for 2 nights between Christmas and New Year. Hotel is in a great central position close to shopping restaurants and bars of the Merchant City and town centre and you can get a good deal on parking close to it. The price we paid was excellent - certainly a quiet time of year for hotels but still we thought it was a bargain.

Asked for - and got - a quieter room at back of the hotel as I thought it may be noisy due to city centre location - cant expect silence in Glasgow town! I needn't have worried. Room was lovely and clean as was the shower area: bed was comfortable: shower was powerful: tv and wifi reception was very good: breakfast was fine - decent selection - I loved the berries! - and not greatly busy (this can sometimes be a problem in HI Express hotels - but not this one!).

Staff were all very pleasant and helpful. I am looking forward to staying here again later in the year and would certainly recommend to others.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank avrilritchie
gmexpressglasgow, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write excellent review regarding your recent stay with us.

We are delighted that you found our hotel excellent value for money and that our free buffet breakfast was enjoyed each morning.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again later in the year.

Kind Regards