“Good for city location”

Ranked #27 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Buckie, United Kingdom
“Good for city location”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed here with work so unaware of the pricing
Room was clean but basic, large in size but lacked warmth in it's design
Breakfast was self service job where produce quality was low rent thou I'm aware this is the lower end of the hotel chain and I was not (work I mean) paying for the Radisson
Location wise I can't fault, great to walk along the Clyde where my room looked onto and parking readily available via the nearby NCP. Mercent city and the rest of town was a close proximity so would stay again for this purpose

Room Tip: Would advise higher floor rooms as area can be noisy, i was on top floor so peaceful and better view...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
gmexpressglasgow, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel based on your latest stay. I am pleased that you found the location of the hotel ideal for your requirements with work in the city. Our Free Express Start breakfast offers guests a great option to start the day. The breakfast offering consists of full continental offering with the addition of three hot items: Sausage, Scrambled Egg and Beans and this is the same throughout all Express Holiday Inn's in the UK and Ireland. We are continually working with IHG to improve our breakfast offering and take all guest feedback into consideration.

Thank you once again for your feedback

General Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay here as the staff were extremely helpful and polite; the room was good and the hotel itself conveniently located for rail links, shops and so forth. The inclusive breakfast was more than adequate and follows a well established formula which works well, and although it is self service, staff were on hand to help at every turn, and that is helpful on busy business trips! Assuming the hotel maintains its value-for-money approach, I will definitely re-visit on future trips to Glasgow. I had additional help from Reception staff regarding my luggage as had to leave it there after check-out and I greatly appreciated their approach.

Room Tip: May be worth asking for a room on the side opposite the main street as there is a lot of traffic noi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mai H,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I was delighted with your positive comments about the hotel and particularly the staff. It is always great to receive feedback from customers both positive and negative but when we receive great comments like yours then it makes it worthwhile.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel if you are returning to the city in the near future

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is a really good hotel to used either on business or as a base for exploring Glasgow and the surrounding area. Easily accessible by train and road, the hotel is located down by the Clyde. Hotel staff friendly and efficient. The hotel is clean and the rooms are comfortable. What more do you need.

Breakfast is basic, but fairly good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
gmexpressglasgow, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the hotel. I was delighted to read that you found the hotel and location to have everything that you needed for your visit to the city.

Wel look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was most impressed with the staff - friendly, helpful, nothing was too much bother. Relaxed yet efficiently run. No hesitation in recommending this hotel. Good selection of breakfast food with staff always on hand to meet your needs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
gmexpressglasgow, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the to leave such a fantastic review of the hotel. I was delighted to read the great comments relating to the team and I will be sure to pass these on to them. I was also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our free express start breakfast. We hope that should you return to Glasgow in the near future that we will be your first choice hotel.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed four nights. The staff where helpful and friendly. The breakfast was limited and the free wifi was over shadowed by the 4e signal. I could of forgiven the above if my room had a bath tub instead of just a shower

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear MikeD,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the hotel. I am pleased that you found the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful. I am dissapointed to hear that you found our free express start breakfast to be limited. This free option consists of full continental offering with the addition of 3 hot items. We are delighted to be offering our customers free wifi throughtout the entire hotel and I am sorry that you did not find the bandwidth satisfactory. This is something that we continue to monitor and improve on. All our 128 bedrooms are fitted with power showers for a fast refreshing start to the morning.

York
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I came here on two occasions in December whilst working in Glasgow. My company booked the rooms for me on both occasions and overlooked the main Stockwell Street. I have stayed in H.I expresses before on many occasions so expected the same standards which is what I got. Clean rooms efficient staff clinical service. The hotel is well placed just next to the river Clyde as for the price it is great value. The location is so central and the service from the team there are great. Like it's sister hotel in the city (Theatreland) the rooms are basic but there's a good shower, TV, kettle etc and the beds are comfortable. It's also pretty quiet. The shower is good and the rooms are clean. Breakfast is free but the usual runny beans, powdery scrambled eggs and sausage!! Just have the cold food on offer it is more than fine. The hot stuff is not up to much. Free wifi is great and makes the Express chain suitable for business users.
The hotel is only ten minutes stroll from Central or Queen Street Stations, this modern city centre hotel is just about everything that Holiday Inn promises.

Room Tip: Most are quiet and of the same level of comfort
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
gmexpressglasgow, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Tourman2,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside.

We are pleased to hear that our hotel and location met all of your expectations. The free breakfast is an area where we are continuing to improve upon and therefore we welcome all feedback from our guests.

Again thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Stephen Gray
london
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Firstly let me say I've stayed in Holiday inns before and know what kind of service and rooms to expect. When we got to the location it took front desk 20mins to give us a room key as they could not find the booking this wasn't front desk's fault but the booking systems or maybe both. However he did apologise for the wait. When we got to the room it was clean till we saw the huge white stain on the sofa. I couldn't even start to take guesses what caused the white stain but it was disgusting. As we left I ask front desk a question , i think he was a manager. Wouldn't even make eye contact spoke into his paper.... found that extremely rude. The breakfast , don't bother getting up for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mclizpa
gmexpressglasgow, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear mclizpa,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you did not have an enjoyable experience at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre Riverside.

As you can see from the many reviews we pride ourselves on cleanliness and exceptional customer service and we are very disappointed to hear that this has not been the case and we will be addressing these issues with the utmost importance.

Thank you for your feedback as all comments regarding our guests experiences are welcomed and noted. I would like to discuss this matter further with you. You can contact me directly at the hotel on 0871 902 1613 or by email: info@expressglasgow.co.uk

Again please accept my sincerest apologies.

Stephen Gray