“Great start to our evening”
Review of Strata

Strata
Ranked #34 of 210 Nightlife in Glasgow
More attraction details
Owner description: Scotlands "best new bar" fantastic food, extensive wine list and award winning cocktail bartenders set in luxurious surroundings in the heart of the city centre
Reviewed 17 November 2013

First ever visit to Strata and I was impressed on entering with the style and ambiance of the place, buzzing but not too busy and inviting to come in out of the November cold.

I had the most amazing cocktails, Strawberry Cosmo and Bon bon sour, believe me they packed a punch without tasting of pure alcohol. My partner ordered a pint of John smiths and when the (very friendly) bar man brought our drinks he advised the barrel needed changing but gave us the 3/4 full pint on the house, which was really nice of him.

We had a tex mex platter to share, more food than I had expected, a long dish of nachos with cheese, salsa, guacamole and sour cream and a a long dish of chicken wings, duck spring rolls (packed with meat) and the best onions rings Ive tasted all crunchy batter and fresh onion.

Having had a sneaky peak at what other diners were eating id like to go back again to sample the menu as the food looked fantastic and beautifully presented.

Our meal was bought using a voucher deal, £12 for the 2 cocktails and the tex mex platter, fantastic value for what we received and a great way to try a new venue, however I wouldn't need a voucher to return as id be more than happy to pay full price.

Only 1 thing I could say could use a bit of an upgrade and that would be the ladies, its clean however it doesn't fit with the great look of the rest of the place.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

My partner and I stumbled across this place by accident on a recent trip to Glasgow and what a find. Lovely, friendly staff, fab food and nice chilled atmosphere. A couple of glasses of wine each, fish and chips for him, burger and chips plus extra haggis for me followed by mini sticky toffee pud for him and fruit scone for me. All v tasty, v reasonably priced too and just what we needed. On asking, member of staff kindly gave us directions to the nearby cinema.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

(Halloween) took my sister witch to a flying visit Strata for her birthday lunch , before we go out and about tonight fab place , food and staff were amazing soo we won't be haunting them tonight we had the special price menu , very nice choices , pumpkin soup , Delish , I've never tasted a burger like that mmmmmm our cats and spiders getting no doggy bag treats tonight!!!! Well worth a visit , would go back , as long as I don't lose my broomstick tonight

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Myself & 15 friends took part in your cocktail master class yesterday afternoon for my Hen Party. We had a fantastic afternoon, we started the afternoon with a French Martini before having Stephen show us, in groups of 6, how to make Bon Bon sours, followed by Strawberry & Vanilla Cosmopolitans. Stephen was a great host & very patient!!
The meal afterwards was delicious, the burgers were amazing!
We had our own private area for the afternoon & the staff were very attentive.
I would recommend the master class to anyone wanting a fun afternoon/evening.
I'll be back to sample some of the other cocktails in the future.
Thanks Strata for providing me with my perfect Hen Party.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Had a fab afternoon at a cocktail making lesson. It was the closing event for a Hen Party. The party consisted of 32 females aged between 38 - 60. We got a private area & were split into groups of 6. We all made 2 cocktails, Bon Bon Sours & Vanilla Strawberry Cosmo. Both were very tasty. We all got recipe sheets so we could make them when we got home. This was followed by a buffet. Can't speak highly enough about the food, pots of mac cheese, spicy chicken, satay kebabs, spicy wedges to name only a small number of items included. A very worthwhile. Afternoon & would highly recommend this place, the food & the patience of the barmen!!!!!

Strata Q, Owner at Strata, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Hi.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, I'm pleased we exceeded expectations. For the record, Stephen enjoyed himself just as much as you guys obviously did. He says your all welcome back anytime :)

Regards