“Amazing wee gem”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Normal food, good portions and fair prices. Owned and staffed by a family.
Reviewed 10 December 2013

what a gem of a place, been only once no issues with it.

Was out for a nice night with my wife and the romantic setting was just what we needed. Very hearty portions and not expensive at all.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,324)

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We phoned on the off chance on Sunday to see if they had a table and lucky for us they squeezed us in at 3 o'clock. As always they were busy but our custom appears as appreciated now as when we started eating here a few years ago. Sometimes I feel as though a business can become a victim of its own success rather than thrive on it but this is the complete opposite. The food remains consistently good and the service as friendly as ever. We chose the ham and lentil soup followed by the roast dinner and both were brilliant. If your idea of a good restaurant is one where the food leaves the kitchen with a little love and care then this should hit the spot every time. The business being family run is just a bonus to go with the superb staff and food.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Been here four times now and every time is amazing. Very friendly staff and the cooking is just wonderful. The lamb shank is a personal favourite. My Dad is in a wheelchair and I though it would be difficult due to the size of the restaurant but I can assure you it's not and the staff made us feel so welcome.

1  Thank Louise113
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is a great Bistro and wee hidden gem.The food is excellent service 10/10.this is a small family run business serving up proper homemade food.Can't wait yo go back.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

The staff were very friendly and food was excellent. I chose the Haggis, Neeps and Tatties and whilst it seemed a little plainer than what other people were having around the restaurant the taste was fantastic. Whisky cream sauce definitely complemented the filling and satisfying fare. Desserts were a delight too - cheese cake and meringue+ice cream were my favourites from the trio of mini desserts that I opted for. A very satisfied customer.

1  Thank andrewjstirling