“DONT GO HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Mediterraneo

Mediterraneo
Ranked #178 of 2,393 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: ZIP CODE: G1 1DW tel: 0141 552 0460 fax: 0141 552 2428
glasgow
“DONT GO HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

As a group of ladies we went here on Saturday to be received by a rude and slightly less than clean man, who as it turns out was the manager. I should have turned round and left at this point however I did not. We then proceeded to have a less than average meal, they say you get what you pay for but I would have expected edible again I was wrong. To top it off a very apologetic waiter told us the manager was refusing to serve us any more wine, we had had a bottle between 4 of us and no other alcohol at this point. Then the manager proceeded to tell us that we had not paid and that was why he wouldn't serve us, h did this at the top of his voice which was to say the least embarrassing, we had just ordered coffee so obviously we had not paid the bill. Please do not go here there are other non expensive restaurants in Glasgow wherer you will be treated with respect.

3 Thank sox080

East Kilbride
“You get what you pay for here. Food quality is below average but if you want a cheap Chav meal your in the right place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Food quality well below average,service okay. With all the choice in Glasgow I wouldn't recommend thus below standard place

Airdrie, United Kingdom
“Another lovely experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I went with 3 friends for lunch on Thursday 14th August.This was my second visit and I was not disappointed.Like my first experience I thought the meal and service were both excellent. Staff are very friendly and we were served quickly .We had two waiters attending to us. One slight problem was when the coffee came one of my friends did not get what she had asked for as the waiter had apparently misunderstood her Italian pronunciation. However it was quickly replaced. Good quality food at very reasonable prices

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Disgraceful service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I went to this restaurant with my mother in law and my 8 yr old son.

We arrived at 12.15 when there were roughly 7 tables in, all of whom had ordered and had drinks. We were seated quickly, however, after waiting 10 mins and no one had taken a drinks order we decided to call the girl and ask for drinks. She took the order without speaking at all, the drinks were then brought to us by a man who again put the drinks down without speaking, while he was putting the drinks down my mother in law asked if it would be ok to sit for a bit before we ordered to which he rudely and abruptly replied "eh I'm just a drinks waiter" as he scurried off.

Our "waitress" approached us, asked if we were waiting on anyone else and when we said no she said "ok i'll take your order". This was at 12.30 when there was only an additional 3 tables in the restaurant.

By 1pm we still had not received our starters so we called the girl over and asked if there was a problem and she pointed around and said "yes, we're busy but I will check". I did say that they were busy now at 1pm but not at 12.30 when we ordered our kids garlic bread and 2 x pates, but she didn't respond. She came back to say they would be out shortly. At 1.10pm we received our starters BUT my sons garlic bread was in fact just toasted bread! I called the girl over, pointed out the mistake, she said nothing lifted the plate and walked towards the chefs sniffing the bread (obviously checking there was no garlic!!!!). A different boy brought the garlic bread back, he was very apologetic and said that they HAVE to take out whatever the chef puts up, no questions asked. Seriously!?!?! So if the order says lasagne but the chef gives them a pizza they've just to take it?

Anyway, at 1.20pm our starter plates were cleared and a table sat beside us and ordered their lunch. Our "waitress" approached people who had only been in for 20 mins and apologised for a delay but came nowhere near us. At 1.40pm the table beside us received their lunches plus side orders and we were still waiting on our 2 x lasagnes and kids fish and chips. So we called our "waitress" said we'd waited far too long, my son was very hungry and that we would just pay for our drinks and leave as this was ridiculous, her response to this was "ok". There's some fantastic customer service there! I decided to approach who i'm assuming was a manager or supervisor of some sort and explain everything that happened because obviously our silent "waitress" wouldn't. He was very apologetic said we didn't have to pay for anything (rightly so) and also said that he had "no idea what was going on with the chefs today". Well if you don't know what hope does the restaurant have!

If you want to have no food or the wrong food served with an unfriendly rude manner then this is the place for you!

I wanted to give this place zero rating but the lowest you can give is 1

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank jmacd2011
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Been to this restaurant many times and always get good food at a good price with nice friendly staff so why not give it a try.