“Bring your ear muffs.”
Review of Glasgow Pond Hotel

Glasgow Pond Hotel
Ranked #57 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed in Hotel as this was the venue for a small family get together. Venue picked as we were told the restaurant could accommodate our requirements of a quiet relaxed meal. They forgot..... To tell us that they had a very large wedding on at the same time and that noise levels would be through the roof. On booking in we were told we had booked two double rooms and even though I had the paperwork showing that I had booked one twin and one double they insisted that we had booked two double rooms and that was all they had. We reluctantly accepted this and went up to the rooms, to find that we had actually been allocated what we had asked for and that the receptionist had no clue of the lay out. Rooms were nice but we soon found out we were on the floor where most of the wedding guests were staying and that the noise levels prior to the wedding started were unbelievable. Shouting from one end of the corridor to the other. Later we were to discover that we were directly above the function room and not only could we hear the music blaring all night but the conversations of the guests until 3am. Complaints to the staff fell on deaf ears....... Our meal was good, our service slow taking 10 mins to serve drinks we ordered. I put this down to a lack of staff, as the bar and restaurant were very busy. Would I stay again? Yes during the week,but never at the weekend. The hotel is in a good location but if your booking a weekend trip ask if there is a function on and if so to be accommodated as far as is possible from it, oh and bring your ear muffs.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,120)

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Lovely staff. Really enjoyed the food. Only thing I wasn't happy with was getting the room by the lift shaft. The noise of the lift did disturb my sleep! However I asked for a different room and got moved next day.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have stayed in this hotel 3 or 4 times now. Almost every time I travel to Glasgow I book this hotel. It is such good value for money and the free parking is a massive plus. Staff are always friendly and helpful - I arrived early so was able to check in before 2pm which was a great help. The only thing is the heating - our room was extremely hot, even after I turned the heater off, so I had to sleep with the window opened. I am a heavy sleeper so the outside noise didn't bother me but apart from this the stay was great.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We were only there for a short period of time. Luckily, we had no sterling left as the 24hr bar could have been a major problem.
Nice hotel, very clean and everything was funcational.
Fairly decent location to central Glasgow. Less than £10 in a taxi.
Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed here overnight and found staff to be helpful. The room was ideal very clean with a huge comfortable bed recommended if your are looking for a basis style hotel.Good location too close to bars and restaurants in Byres road.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I booked this a triple room in this hotel as a stopping off point in Glasgow before carrying on a holiday in Scotland with my friends. I got it on a really good deal with booking.com and was really pleased with our stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, allowing us to leave our car in the car park after we checked out as we weren't leaving the city until the evening and even let us leave our luggage at reception rather than leaving it in the car! The hotel room was clean and well-designed with the ever important tea/coffee making facilities ;) The location of the hotel is in the West-End of Glasgow which is a really nice area. We were only 1 mile away from the Botanic Gardens and from there we were able to join the City Sightseeing Bus Tour. It is possible to walk to the centre of Glasgow from the hotel though if you have the time. We didn't have any meals in the hotel but there is a M&S in the garage next to the hotel that served our purposes for slightly less money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Second visit here still pretty good. Plus points: Good coffee. Coffee at breakfast from machine but very good machine, Latte, expresso etc etc. Nice wee bar, some bars you just want to sit on the stool and have a pint; this is that sort of welcoming bar. Good breakfast, unlimited everything and hot and tasty with the exceptions of the hash-browns and two quickly, undercooked (the staff forgot to tell the chef) poached eggs. Excellent sleep so I assume the beds are quality items. Parking plentiful and free in Glasgow's west-end. Minus points: couldn't get a paper from reception just given a flat NO, no sorry, or the papers are delivered later, nothing. Strange because following morning saw a rack full of papers near the bar. Some very good staff but Sunday afternoon staff determined to laugh and joke loudly in front of customers really annoying; unprofessional. Girl behind bar on Saturday night from Barra I think, absolutely first class, walked about 100 miles per hour, got things done. Hope I've not been too harsh, would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family