“No complaints - but not full of compliments either”
Review of Glasgow Pond Hotel

Glasgow Pond Hotel
Ranked #57 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Glasgow Pond for 4 nights with our two wee girls (4 and 1). Despite an initial mix-up with the rooms (in family room rather than triple room with cot), there were no complaints with the room. The room was big enough (just). Small bath in bathroom (room to sit but not to lie down and relax!) but I have found this in a few hotels. Stayed for a meal one night which was fine but not much choice (despite having 4 different menus to choose from!) and not very inspiring. Hotel was a bit further out of the West End than I thought (my fault for not checking properly). Overall - adequate but uninspiring.

Room Tip: Rooms away from main road are quieter but problems with bins outside and hospital noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,120)

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Lovely hotel, close to where I grew up, lovely to be close to the Botanic Gardens and other landmarks, to bad the weather would not all a walk without a shower. Found a nice place for future trips home .Reception staff were great, plenty of parking .Bonus !

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor, very nice to see the Glasgow Skyline .
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I never thought I would be one of those people that would feel so annoyed to complain, but this hotel has driven me to it.

The gentleman at reception who greeted us as we arrived was a great ambassador for the hotel. Sadly, that was the final good point. We had a triple room, and it was like a sauna. Opened the window, so see some lovely pipework on the roof below. We had booked to eat dinner in the restaurant. I had the Pasta, which was frankly drowning in the water which had not been drowned. The taste was so bland. I raised this with the restaurant staff after I'd politely eaten the meal, and was met with a lack of interest. I proceeded to have the fudge cake with cream. In most places you get a good quantity of cream for the cake to soak it up. Nope, just a wee drizzle,including some cream on the underside of the plate. We had the pre-paid meal, which appeared to be a bit challenging at the time of leaving the restaurant as we signed for the meal in triplicate (there were 3 of us).

The hope was breakfast would be better. Nope! The Cooked breakfast was cold to lukewarm (at best) I'm guessing that

When checking out (again we had prepaid for breakfast), there was another attempt to get us to pay again.

It pains me to be so negative, but that was how bad my experience was.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank graham_wj1984
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Glasgow Pond Hotel for three nights. We had a clean double room on the third floor. Even though close to main road no traffic annoyed us. 10 minute drive to city centre. We booked through booking.com and this hotel was the best price. We only booked room basis so we cannot comment about breakfast. Reception staff friendly. Wifi temperamental slight hassle to use.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The room is clean, bed comfortable, free wifi, handy for bus into the city centre, overall a good budget hotel.

However i forgot my watch in the room and didn't notice until back in France. Got an e-mail from hotel staff telling me found it but now they won't return my e-mails when asked to send it to my home adress (i offered to pay for the shipment).

If a member of the hotel direction see this e-mail please get in touch with me vie email.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Felixbis
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed here on 2nd of October with my son. The location is good with great transport links both bus and rail or safe car parking. Accommodation is ok clean but basic. Breakfast was good with a nice selection however dinner was disappointing. I would use this hotel regularly as I like the location but on the last few occasions I have found the noise at night kept me awake. This is partially due to traffic mainly taxis but also to deliveries being made to a garage and convenience store at front. So if you are a light sleeper ask for room at back of hotel

Room Tip: Rooms at rear may be less noisy
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank annie680
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We selected this hotel as we had an appointment at the Gartnavel Hospital early in the morning. It is situated on the Great Western Road so very accessible from the city centre by bus (6, 6A ) and also has excellent parking. We arrived at midday and were able to check in then, so left our luggage before setting out for a day in Glasgow. The Botanic gardens are within walking distance where we enjoyed a light lunch, and from there we walked on to the Kelvingrove Art Gallery. We enjoyed the late summer sun in the west end of Glasgow, a city with so much for the visitor. Our room had all we needed. We took advantage of the early evening meal in the Brasserie (£9.95 for 2 courses between 5 and 7 pm ) and their house wine at £11.95. Check out by 12.00pm allowed us to go for the hospital appointment after breakfast and return to our room before setting out for home. Staff were welcoming on arrival, and also in the restaurant. If we are needing to visit the city for any reason again , we would not hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business