“Would stay again”

Ranked #56 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
London, United Kingdom
“Would stay again”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel. Friendly staff, refurbished room and great breakfast. Great location for a trip down Byres Road, with good choice of restaurants and decent shops. Botanic Gardens is always worth a visit...takes me back to my youth and growing up near West End.

Room Tip: unable to comment but we had a room overlooking the car park and pond.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Retford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This may not be the prettiest of hotels, but it provides an excellent base with secure parking (a rarity in so many city hotels). It could not be easier to find from the motorway network, as you simply follow the Great Western Road. Booking is extremely efficient, and reception staff handle both check in / out in a friendly manner. The rooms are spotlessly clean, buffet breakfasts excellent and evening diners are offered a good choice of menu options in the bar or bistro. Staff are attentive and professional.
Although small the bathrooms are certainly adequate. The only negative of our three visits was the lack of accommodation on offer for less mobile guests. Although my husband's very elderly, partially sighted father managed in a standard room on our most recent stay, it would have been so much better if he had been able to access a room with rails over the bath to enable him to use the shower with confidence.

Torphins, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Chose The Pond more or less as a lucky dip but so pleased I found it. Immaculately clean, stylishly appointed and decorated. The best hotel breakfast I've had - they even had edible scrambled eggs - something I am really fussy about. They were not rubbery and bouncy! Staff very friendly and helpful. The bed linen is so soft and lovely on the skin, had a very comfortable night's sleep. Just under 2 miles from some fabulous restaurants and bars on Gt Western Rd and Byres Rd, walkable but on a good bus route too and taxi stance very close by.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I contacted the hotel at 4.15 pm to let them know I was arriving late due to train they said everything would be ok, my party arrived at 7.30 pm & the hotel confirm my room was available & they were expecting me about 11.30 pm. When I arrived at hotel they told me I did not have a room, the night manager Mark could not see what the problem was!!!! He the told me they had managed to get me a hotel which was five miniatures away another lie hotel was 30 mins away. In the morning the other hotel expected payment I refused & told them to Bill the ponds hotel, after being held hostage for a period of time they said I could go. Customer service shocking, no one. Wants to take any responsibility for the poor service customers get. Would not stay here again they have a beautiful hotel spoilt by the lack of customer service skill of staff that seem to enjoy getting paid but do not like to take on board the full responsibility of their role, they should all be sacked.

• Stayed November 2013
JoeGallacher, General Manager at Glasgow Pond Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of our Hotel. It remains our main objective to deliver a high level of service in our establishment and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured feedback is important to us as we endeavor to improve standards and meet our customer’s needs.

Regards

Travellers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel, It was my first time here. I had been looking for a hotel my partner and I could stay at as we had a concert to see at the Hydro. This hotel had came up on our search due to there being a very handy train station just down the road which takes you to the walk way to the exhibition centre. I called the hotel and booked room only - we are too lazy to get up for breakfast! I was originally only going to stay the night of the concert but called up to add a night on before the concert to make it a bit longer.
when we arrived we were welcomed by a lovely man and advised of everything we needed to know then made our way to our room. the rooms are lovely and clean and modern, the bed was very comfortable and we had a fantastic sleep. The first night we decided to eat at the bar we ordered a burger and chips and it was so tasty!! and a nice relaxing atmosphere! the staff were very nice there was one gentleman who was in housekeeping who was very happy and polite every time we met him, we stayed in room 303 and had passed him a few times on that floor! overall I love our visit and will be back :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Very convenient for visiting west side of Glasgow especially since free car parking available. Staff very helpful. Housekeeping staff were especially friendly!
Family rooms with bunk beds are great value if travelling with Children.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Booked a twin room for a nights stay based on online reviews. Spoke to the reservation manager before arrival regarding some requests but she was very rude and least interested. None of the requests were looked into either. Location is ok. Room was also an ok size but would benefit from a refurbishment. Bathroom was tiny. Wifi is free in the rooms but it is one of slowest ever. So, could not go online at all. The receptionist blamed it on the high number of users in the hotel!!! Staff at breakfast were friendly and food was well done. Would not visit again or recommend.

1 Thank bindu m
JoeGallacher, General Manager at Glasgow Pond Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hotel.

We appreciate your positive comments regarding our breakfast staff and our breakfast offering however were disappointed to hear some of your accommodation requests were not met, please accept our apologies in this regard. However at no point did you speak to our reservations manager who would be delighted to hear from you to discuss your stay, she can be contacted on reservations.manager@pondhotel.com

Regards