“Brilliant party night!!”
Review of Glasgow Pond Hotel

Glasgow Pond Hotel
Ranked #53 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my friends attended a Christmas party night and had the best time ever! The food was brilliant, the staff were on the ball and the dj and dancing after was great fun. Atmosphere was brilliant and really put us in the xmas spirit. Have attended the hotel for other occasions too and have never had a bad experience. Bravo :)

• Stayed: December 2013
There are newer reviews for Glasgow Pond Hotel

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

My work colleagues and I booked into the Pond Hotel for a Christmas night dinner. The cost was £36 as it was a Friday. As 2 of our party were still to arrive, we waited in the bar area. We were informed no-one could be served until we were seated. Therefore we had to sit at our table without our colleagues. We were then asked what we wanted from the menu, one of my colleagues again explained we were still waiting on 2 people. This time we were informed no-one could be served until everyones order had been taken. I have never heard anything so absurd in my life!!! The food started to arrive, my choice of starter was the pate. I have never tasted such disgusting pate in my life! Everyone at the table who had the pate left it. My choice of main was the beef. The beef itself was very average, everything else apart from the carrots was frozen....in otherwards disgraceful!! The only saving grace for me regarding the meal was the Christmas pudding, although on the small side. It seemed like a race against time for the waiters to get the plates to the table and then away again. £36 for this meal was robbery! I remember when Jurys owned this Hotel and you always came away feeling you had a great night. The DJ made the 2nd part of the night enjoyable...thank you! I will not be back again.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank John-Pat-Jessica
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Pond as I had to attend a function in the area and was pleasantly surprised. The staff were great and rooms perfectly adequate. This hotel would be really handy for anyone visiting Beatson/Gartnavel (who have to stay over) as it's literally on the grounds. There is also a nice Italian restaurant located within walking distance so no need to drive anywhere. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed here in a standard double room. The room was spotless as was the bathroom. Nice furnishings and a very comfortable bed with lots of pillows. Tea and coffee making and free wi fi is included.
Public areas also nicely furnished. Had an evening meal in the Bistro restaurant. The food was good if a little predictable. However the staff throughout the hotel are excellent.
The cost of the room was good value and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the west end of Glasgow.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank dunveganArgyll
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I have just returned from staying at the glasgow pond for 2 weeks and I couldn't have asked for a better hotel. I was working nights in glasgow hence the reason for my stay. The rooms were fantastic and very clean. The bar was well stocked and the restaurant excellent. The best part of the stay had to be the most friendly and helpful night manager Mark. He couldn't do enough for us which was very much appreciated after a long night shift - thankyou Mark.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for anyone who is visiting Glasgow for any reason.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 330, a twin room which was a great size, clean and had a wonderful power shower an...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My wife and I have stayed in the Pond on several occasions and have enjoyed every one. We use it as a base for shopping trips to Glasgow or nights out in the West End - it's a great location for this - we can have a lovely nights stay with a guaranteed great breakfast for the price of a taxi home, it's a no brainer! Joe and his staff are great and make you feel so welcome and are very good at their jobs, the rooms are modern and very clean. You cant beat this place for location value for money etc so I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone and we will definitely be back. Thanks Pond

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors slightly quieter if function on
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I would like to thank the Pond Hotel for an excellent evening.. All 32 of us had chosen this hotel for our
Xmas Party Night first time weve chosen this Hotel for such an occasion but pleasantly surprised.Staff very
friendly and efficient, food excellent nice and hot and very tasty. Not the nicest looking Hotel but nice and homely
im very surprised its not packed out every night thanks again well definitely all be back..Music great too.

Room Tip: we never stayed in Hotel but im sure it would be nice
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
JoeGallacher, General Manager at Glasgow Pond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of our Hotel. We were delighted to read you and your colleagues had a great time at the Christmas party night and the Chef and his team appreciate your comments about the excellent food. We look forward to welcoming you back here next year.

Kind regards